“Tasty Food - Good service”
Review of Masina Trattoria Italiana - CLOSED

Masina Trattoria Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Lincoln Harbor Ferry to New York City 7 minutes; New Jersey Transit Buses to NYC, Port Authority; Light Rail Train system travels along the Hudson River from Fort Lee to Hoboken; Jersey City to Liberty State Park and bayonne, NJ
Description: Authentic Italian Cuisine
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Tasty Food - Good service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I ate here a half a dozen times for both breakfast and dinner. Many of my orders were to go and were prepared quite speedily for me to take back to my room in the Sheraton. I even managed to lose a receipt I needed for my corporate expense program and they were gracious enough to track down a copy for me. The food is good, but not the style of an Italian chain. This place has tasty, unique food including a New York strip that was smothered in something awesome.

Visited April 2013

West Chester
“Nice restaurant better than most chain hotels!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have eaten in this restaurant a number of times. I have had a positive experience with the food. Service is pretty fast. My food has always been fresh and well prepared large portions very fairly priced. I have high blood pressure and have to watch what I eat. I especially like the egg white omelet. It is SO MUCH BETTER than typical Sheraton Hotel food. I challenge some of the reviewers to eat in some other Sheraton restaurants and then think about it...Yes it is not midtown Manhattan I love the city and the great restaurants there but I also appreciate the family feeling and quiet I get back at the hotel after a busy day. I travel there several times a year on business . I see the same servers there year after year. That also says something!! FYI the hostess is also taking care of the room service orders. Might be time for the hotel to add some staff in the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Never Going Here Again.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Masina advertises they have gluten free pizza. My boyfriend and I called one night on our way back from Staten Island and ordered a GF pizza to go. We got it back to my apartment and I was so hungry and so excited because it looked GREAT! After one piece I became sick immediately. They did not give me a gluten free pizza.

I called and let them know what had happened and to rectify the situation they offered me a free meal (like I really wanted to try that again!?). So I ordered another GF pizza to go. I sat there and waited for 45 minutes for it to be done, only to get it back home and find that it was burnt to a crisp.

I will not be going back again. Looks like Mario's in Hoboken it is!

• Visited October 2012
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Utterly "Underwhelming"”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The only saving grace to this restaurant, the Manhattan skyline. Other than that, save your dollars and order take out instead. We made reservations, which they did not have, but were courteous and apologetic. We were seated near the window, which helped the experience a little. The décor. ambiance and overall feel is blah also. Dinner time, my boyfriend ordered the pasta special but without the sausage, and the sausage made an appearance anyway. I ordered the steak, which was a close relative of the rubber on my sneakers. TOO overpriced for less than mediocre food. While the menu has things to offer, be prepared to leave hungry and disappointed. It took a very long time for our orders to be taken, just as long to be fed and the service was "eh". I was hoping to save it with dessert, ordering a cinnamon bread with ricotta and strawberry filling, well, dessert was ok at best. From start to finish this restaurant needs an overhaul of staff, menu improvements and a real chef.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CFS16
Los Angeles, California
“Don't Waste Your Time and Money”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was staying in the Sheraton hotel where the Masina Trattoria Italiana is located. I went to the restaurant twice - once for dinner, once for breakfast. Both were underwhelming experiences.

It took a very long time - over 30 minutes - to get my food during each visit. The restaurant was not busy - only a handful of tables.

Both times, I did not get what I ordered. My orders were not complicated, off the menu, or anything else - just simple things like "dressing on the side" or "egg whites." The salad was close but the breakfast order was all over the place. I got something vaguely resembling what I had ordered, and half of my order ended up being served on someone else's plate at my table. Nobody got what the ordered.

The food was okay; nothing special, and priced as you'd expect from a restaurant in a hotel. The atmosphere is tired and worn. They could do with some tablecloths and a bit of cleanup.

I'd avoid this place at all costs unless you have a long time and enjoy being surprised when your meal arrives.

Visited June 2013