“4th of July Cruise”
Review of NY Waterway Ferry

NY Waterway Ferry
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Weehawken
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I did some reading of the review before I attend this. We bought 2 tickets to ferry and NY Waterways give us voucher for $14 parking next to the ferry terminal (usually would cost $40). It was easy to get there around that time, since there was not much traffic. On the ferry which was pack, there was some people standing since they over packed the boat and only upstairs were used and lower level was closed. They waited at least 30 minutes before they started moving. They had music on the boat, DJ playing all the wedding type music. Some Congo line formed by kids. Ferry took us from Weehawken Ferry Terminal to past the George Washington bridge then returned back to near the Ferry building where they stopped the boat to see the fireworks (they parked it about 30 minutes before the fireworks started). They faced it boat straight to the fireworks so that people have to come up front to see the fireworks and it was not that close, since coast guard has closed off the part of the river near the where fireworks were fired from. Good thing I had good zoom lens to capture the firework and I have to force myself to get off the seats and stand front boat. Those that sit in the back of the boat, I don't think they saw much of fireworks. Fireworks only lasted 20 minutes. After getting off the boat and try to leave, traffic getting out to Route 3 took about a hour. Police has made all the traffic difficult and I had to drive different way then I used to just to get to Route 3. Overall it was good. I recommend packing water and some sort sandwich since all the things on the boat was price just like in any sports areas. $3 water bottle as example. Price of $125 was too over priced, I would have taken diner cruise instead next time (if I ever decided to go on boat to see the fireworks). I think I would go to near by park and setup my tripod next time. Being on the boat was good for one time experience, but I would not do it again. Unless someone really want to go.

1  Thank Patrick O

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The ferry is with out a doubt the best way to get in and out of Manhattan without the stress of getting stuck in traffic. Stay in NJ at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor and take the ferry back and forth. Save money by staying on the NJ side plus you'll get a better room for your money.

1  Thank JAkles
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I live in Edgewater, NJ @ my bus stop there is a New York Waterway advertisment "Unlimited June Trial" trying to gain customers from the bus to take the ferry. Thru June if you show your monthly pass for the following bus routes 156R, 158 and 159 you can take the ferry home for free from 4PM to 8PM. There are two ferry terminals Weehawken and Edgewater, being that I live in Edgewater this would make the most sense and would not require getting on a bus or taking a taxi home. On Monday, June 8th I tried to do this and was told this offer only applys to Weehawken but of course the only restrictions listed in the advertisment were you had to hold one of these monthly passes and could only ride back to NJ from 4PM - 8PM nothing about location restrictions. This is just more of NY Waterways incompetence. I have to say they never fail to disappoint

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The pier in Weehawken was right next to our hotel. The ferry runs frequently and provides a 15-20 minute trip across the Hudson with cooling breezes and great views.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Excelent service and commentary. Handy for downtown area...Wall Street, 9/11 Memorial etc. We used it as transport for the walking tour from middle Manhattan ferry dock

1  Thank Sweeperman