“Nice place to stay near Hoboken with easy access to Manhattan” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weehawken
GreenLeadersBronze level
USA
“Nice place to stay near Hoboken with easy access to Manhattan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed here many times for business that I have in Weehawken/Hoboken and in Manhattan. I plan my trips so I can see clients in both places, but I prefer to stay here. Quieter than the city, but easy to access via the ferry that is right outside the hotel. The ferry takes you across the river, and from there you can catch a cab or the free bus into several areas of town.

Room are nice, especially the suites with the city view. Beds are comfortable, and the rooms are spacious, especially if you compare what you would get if you stayed in the city. The restaurant downstairs is just so-so, buy why would you eat there with so many great restaurants in the city and right around the corner in Hoboken.

Room Tip: Choose a city view room if you can. It costs a little more, but it's worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthes M, General Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Jafo777,
thank you for posting your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and are even more excited to tell you that Masina Trattoria has a new chef and a new menu since you stayed with us in October. We are very excited and must say that our guests really enjoy their experience. We hope to see you soon again and would love for you to second the positive reviews about Masina Trattoria. The grilled Octupus, Il Tagliere and our thin crust pizzas are a' must try'!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor two nights, from July 26 to July 28, while visiting friends in Hoboken. Since it was just me and my two daughters (my wife joined us a couple days later), and Hoboken/Weehawken isn’t the most enjoyable place to visit for families with young kids, I was really counting on the hotel to make our stay pleasant. The Sheraton Lincoln Harbor did not disappoint.

At first, there was a bit of confusion about the view we were supposed to have. On the Web confirmation page, it said I would have a city view. But on the email confirmation, it said partial view. And in their own system, they said the room type I bought doesn’t have a view. That’s three different answers! They seem to have some sort of weird data base issues: the corporate info doesn’t jibe with their own data. For instance, one of the pages was telling me I had a smoking room, but on the phone they said that’s impossible because all the rooms are non-smoking (the latter was right). Anyway, fortunately I had the confirmation page printed out to show them I was promised a city view. They gave me a nice room high up with a fabulous skyline view. Both nights I could lie in bed and right in front of me was the Freedom Tower.

My kids were quite happy in the pull-out bed in the living area. Unlike a lot of NY hotels (and unlike the W in Hoboken), the room was very big. It was great to have a pool too, which we swam in every chance we got. The breakfast was quite good as well. A bit pricey if I remember, but delicious; had everything we could want, and there was a buffet option.

If you’re visiting Hoboken and want to stay in a nice hotel, you basically have two choices: the W and the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor. The only thing the W has on this hotel is its location (center of Hoboken and close to the train). In the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor, the inconvenience is that you need to take a cab or a long walk to Hoboken. But it’s beating the W in every other category: bigger rooms, better service, pool, etc. You’re also right next to the ferry, which is a much nicer way to get into the city (albeit, more expensive).

Don’t get me wrong, I like the W (click on my profile and you’ll see I gave it a good review two years ago), but I’m quite pleased to have tried out the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor this time around. It was a much better deal, and I’ll do it again next time.

Room Tip: Just pay close attention to what you're paying for, and make sure you print things out. Their da...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ValueSeeker214
Dear ValuSeeker214,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in such great detail. We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor. I am very sorry for the confusion at the desk while you were checking in. This issue was certainly not the rule but an exception that we have addressed back when you stayed with us last year. We hope to see you very soon again and don't forget to check out our package prices or club level rooms.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a decent hotel to stay at that's on the west side of the Hudson with great views of NYC. The room was nice and the service was good. However, there was no free wi-fi. While our stay there was because we were visiting our son in Weehawken, this would be a good hotel to stay at to visit NYC as you can take both a ferry and bus to Manhattan and the commute time is relatively short. Our son says it is 10 minutes from Weehawken to the Port Authority by bus in non-rush hour traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthes M, General Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear HowardS,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent experience. Your son is absolutely right that travelling to NYC from here is super easy and quick. The ferry takes you right from outside the hotel to the Mid-Town terminal in NYC where several NYWaterway busses are waiting to shuttle you to differnt locations in Manhattan. All included in the ferry ticket price. The bus is a great alternative off-peak hours as it gets you to and from Port Authority in just one stop. TIme Square is just a 5 minute walk form there and you can connect right there to the NYC subway system. Its so easy and quick. Our guests really enjoy the alternative to staying in NYC. Please also know that we offer complimentary WiFi in the Sheraton Link and in the Restaurant. We hope to see you soon again!
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I liked the hotel overall but was I miss in such hotels is free wifi in room if you stay in Four points you get free wifi and if you stay in Sheraton no wifi. For business travell comfort of in room free wifi is must when you come to room after meetings

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear ShivendraJaiswal,
thank you for sharing your experience in the forum and for giving us the opportunity to respond. We certainbly understand the frustration of not having the free WiFi in your room. As part of Sheratons standards this year, you may connect up to 3 devices for a small fee to assure good connectivity in your guest room. Alternatively you may decide to reserve a room on our Club Level with extra amenities such as complimentary WiFi and usage of our Sheraton Club lounge, free daily breakfast and complimentary daily hors d'ouevres as well as all day snacks. The lounge is overlooking the Manhattan Skyline on the top floor of our West Tower and it would be a great place for you to relax and catch up after work. Please feel free to contact our VIP and Club Manager, Mr. Ji Seo, next time you stay with us. I am certain you would enjoy your return vistit with the added amenities.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice hotel. we had a panoramic New York City view suite, which was perfect for our family of 4, spacious and comfortable. Excellent beds. Very nice view on manhattan. Very helpful staff at reception. Breakfast was not excellent, and service at breakfast neither. But it was ok. We did not use the room service. Very convenient for visiting the city, there is a ferry that departs from the hotel and goes to manhattan, it is very easy, and tickets for the ferry can be bought directly at the reception of the hotel. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear BabyBecky,
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay. We are sorry to hear your breakfast experience was sub-par. I will be sure to bring your comments to the attention of our Restaurant Management so we can work on making things better in the future. We hope you had a save trip back home and look forward to another visit in the future.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights back in December. The hotel room was immaculate and very large. The staff was great, very helpful and accommodating. It is so conveniently located across the ferry stop and it makes it great if you want to go into the city and come back at a reasonable hour. I has breakfast as well at the hotel and it was ok. I had dinner at Italian restaurant and I was quite disappointed. I had complained to our waiter that my meal must have had all the salt in the kitchen dumped on my plate and I only had a few bites. He apologized and that was it. However, the hotel is one of the best I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear BeatriceTO,
thank you for using TripAdvisor and for letting us know about your recent stay. While the Restaurant is outsourced we do appreciate your comments as we know it is reflecting upon your stay and overall experience. I will be sure to personally address the shortcomings with the management of Masina Trattoria and appreciate your time to let us know about it. We hope to see you soon again !
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great location for visiting New York without the traffic hassle, ferry service across harbour right in front of hotel. Restaurant served good Pub food and Breakfast. Room was clean and spacious, comfortable beds. Great value for being so close to downtown!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthes M, General Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear bigfnirishman,
Thanks for writing a review on Trip Advisor. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Keep an eye on the Macy's fireworks this year. If they are on the Hudson iver again, we offer the BEST view with barges right in front of the hotel.
We hope to see you soon again !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
#6 of 13 in Jersey City

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!