“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great location”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is very close to manhattan. We had a view of the New York skyline from our room. Including the freedom tower and the Empire State Building. The ny ferry has a doc just across from the hotel and takes only about 15 min to get to manhattan. There are a few restaurants close by, Ruth stake house, hulahands, and a food court with several place to eat. The hotel restaurant is a bit expensive, $22 per person for breakfast all you can eat but the food was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The ferry is located at 39 street and 12 ave in manhattan but if you walk go down 40th st to 12 ave 39 street ends at 11 ave.

Room Tip: Take a room that ends with 16, they have a view of manhattan. I was in 516.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vermont
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because of Trip Advisor reviews. Paid extra for a room with a view and it was certainly worth it. The skyline of NYC is incredible. Every time I looked out the window of our room I felt like I was in a movie. There are great paths along the river for walking. We took the ferry to NYC from right outside the hotel, which was another treat. And just watching the ferry go back & forth and watching the other activity on the river was fun. It is hard to believe you are so close to the horrendous entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel and it is so peaceful and quiet. Location, location, location.

Room Tip: room with a view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I visited New York and decided to stay out of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan but wanted to be close enough to get there. Sheraton was fantastic!! Awesome location with a fabulous view of the gorgeous Manhattan Skyline. Room was also fabulous. Water Ferry was right outside out doorstep and with frequent sailings we could get over to Manhattan in no time at all. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend if going to New York.

Room Tip: Get a manhattan skyline room - can't beat the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for leaving us such a great review.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Excellent hotel, really nice location just across the Hudson river from Manhattan. Directly in front of the 9$ ferry ride to Manhattan. Rooms are perfect, bed was super comfy ,good size safe in each room, nice and polite staff and everything was very clean. The only cons I had were that they charge 4$ for a bottle of water in your room and the ice machine was broken our entire stay. Also a big negative is that there is no free WIFI , for a hotel of this caliber you should not be expected to pay 10$ a day for internet service.

Room Tip: You have to get the city view room, the night views are amazing and worth every penny for the upgrad...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and let us know of your stay. We do hope you return and on your next stay, please try our special rate which includes internet. It is well worth it. We do hope you return soon!
Montpellier, France
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was in this hotel during the NYC marathon period, I was taking care of a french marathoner's group. Good facilities, good location regarding marathoners needs, but more than that, great services with a very helpfull staff.
- Noellia for changing the breakfast time several times within thight deadlines,
- Damien & Angelina for managing all special requests I was asking them,
- Ruth, for managing with the chef an "energy cakes" request I gave her.
- Chef for preparing these "energy cakes" very important for these guests and to add my last minute request of pastas in the sunday breakfast.
- all other staff members in F&B service and bellman who helped us.
It´s easier to satisfy guest requests with the assistance of team like this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your stay. it was a great pleasure working with you, and most of all a great experience meeting everyone. We hope all of you return soon and we could once again take part in a great experience for every one of you. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Washingtonville, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to this hotel and my wife and I loved it. We arrived at the hotel at 11am , we knew we where there hours before check in but to our pleasant surprise it was available . Luca Cimorosi at the guest check in desk was extremely professional and polite.
Our room was clean and modern; nicer then I expected. It had two tv's one for the bedroom and one by the desk. That is a nice feature.
From check in to check out we had no problems. If you are going to NYC this is the hotel to stay in. The ferry is right outside the hotel and so is the bus.
We are definitely going to stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am a Starwood member and stayed in different hotels. This was my 2nd stay at Lincoln Harbour. Other than 4 sleepless nights because of the terrible A/C noise, the hotel has a good value. Here are some pros and cons from my point of view:

Pros:
• Location: conveniently located right outside the door to the ferry going to Manhattan. City view rooms with a superb view of the New York skyline. You are only 10 min ferry ride from Manhattan. From there, you can take a free bus going to different places (incl. with ferry ticket) such as Times Square, Central Park, Greenwich village etc.
• Staff: helpful reception staff. Good service at the Italian restaurant. Courteous cleaning staff as well.
• Rooms: outdated and a little tired but clean. There is a separate sitting area (pull out couch, office desk, TV and coffee maker).
• Beds: if you like soft beds, you will enjoy it. I liked it, it was very comfortable and fluffy.
• Food: Italian restaurant is decent, but nothing extraordinary. Office building two doors down (on your left when you leave the hotel, just behind marina) have a decent food court. If you don’t mind walking for 5 minutes, you can have a nice lunch for $5-$10.
• Pay a few dollars extra and get access to their Club Level floor, I think it is worth it, you get rooms on higher floors and better views. I got the full Manhattan view room, very impressing sunrise when you wake up. It also includes basics such as: continental breakfast (toast, danish, croissant, cream cheese, jam, apples, oranges, coffee, fruit juice, milk, tea), evening snacks and non-alcoholic drinks all day long.

Cons:
• VERY noisy air conditioner to the point that it ruined my nights completely. I’m not a light sleeper at all, but when you have something like “airplane landing noise” all night, unless you are on some heavy duty sleeping pills, it is impossible to sleep. You can’t turn it off or else it becomes so hot and when you turn it on, it clicks on and off ALL NIGHT making a very loud noise.
• Prices are not unreasonable, however for $250/night during low season I would expect to at least to get some basics like fridge and internet.
• No fridge in the room. I requested it 3 times. First time the answer was “we have only 5 fridges in the hotel, nothing available now”. Second time which was one hour later, the answer was “you have to pay”. Third time (next day), someone delivered the fridge, finally.
• Parking $25/night.
• This was my 2nd stay at this hotel. I think it has a great value for someone who wants to visit NYC. Last time there were some issues with the AC noise, but I was told it was fixed at the time of booking. I was disappointed that this was not the case, it was actually worse. For this reason, I will not be going to this hotel again. Having 4 sleepless nights made me really tired and exhausted. After a long day of exploring NYC, you sink into a very comfortable bed, and just when you are about to fall asleep – rrrrrooooaaaarrrrr. If this doesn’t bother you, than you’ll be fine I think.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toronto_Serb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
The Westin Jersey City Newport
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!