“Great spot on the Hudson River”

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weehawken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was attending the Barclay's golf tournament in Jersey City and this Sheraton was a good base. I got a nice rate on Priceline for $85, plus I am a Starwood Preferred Guest. Check-in was smooth and the front desk put me in an excellent corner room with a separate living space. This room was like a suite, lots of space and great views of New York.

The room/suite was clean and the king bed comfortable. Sleeping was quiet at night. There were two good size Philips TV's, although I was surprised they didn't include HD channels. Internet was only complimentary in the lobby. The gym was efficient and I did use it. Parking was $25 and there were plenty of spaces next to the hotel. The ferry to Midtown is right out the front door and they run quite often.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and May and then 3 nights in July. After 2 stays I feel I can write a review that reflects the consistency of the hotel services.
The rooms are suites and the bed are wonderful. By NYC standards, the rooms are huge. When booking reserve a room on the club level for access to the lounge. They have sodas, water and snacks 24 hours. If you are looking to make a meal at the lounge it isn't going to happen but light foods for the breakfast/lunch/dinner hours are served. The lounge was a life saver when we arrived 4 hours prior to check-in as we kicked back and watched TV and had a snack.
There are rooms that have a city view but unless you are going to stay in the room the majority of your stay, don't waste the money as you can walk out the doors in the main lobby and have a breathtaking view of Manhattan.
We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant daily and found the food to be very good and reasonable. A buffet is offered on the weekends. The only issues encountered was slow service on a couple of mornings but this was due to an unusual increase in business.
What makes this hotel special? Walk 100 feet outside the lobby door and you are at the New York Waterway ferry pick-up location. The ferry runs on a 10 or 20 minute (depending on time of day) schedule to the 39th street ferry station. It take around 6 minutes and the boat is enclosed and climate controlled. There are buses waiting at the station that will transport you to various locations in Manhattan. Purchase a one-way ferry tickets at the hotel and then purchase remainder at the ferry station in Manhattan.
The hotel does not offer shuttle service to LaGuardia airport so I would suggest Dial 7 car service if you need transportation.
There are very few food locations in walking distance of the hotel with the exception of a Ruth's Chris feet from the hotel.
Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel!

Room Tip: Reserve a room on the club level.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel was located directly across the Hudson river from Mid Town Manhattan without the hassle of busy and loud New York. It was great having the ferry dock right outside the door of the hotel. We were able to buy tickets for the ferry from the front desk. The rooms were clean and large. The panoramic view of New York was amazing! The only complaint about this hotel was the lack of information regarding touring New York city. The front desk did not seem well versed in any helpful information on how to or the best way to tour New York

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Thank Curtis and Cath... F
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for letting us know on your experience. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize we were not able to give you more information on the touring aspect of New York. We will use this as a training tool for our staff, so we could better improve our service as we are always looking for ways for improvement.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and it has yet to disappoint me. The hotel itself faces the river with majestic views of the Manhattan Skyline. The restaurant there is a delicious upscale Italian joint that even lets you takeout back to the room if you don't feel like sitting. We get a great rate for this full featured hotel. Management was always helpful and accommodating. They also have this neat little private ferry to take you into Manhattan. The only thing that some may not like is that you are further away from the subway, so if you desire to be out all night you may find yourself walking as the light rail stops sometime after midnight. As this was mainly business it was no problem at all for me.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Hudson river. It truly cannot be beat. Can't say that any room location was pa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Perfect spot to watch Manhattan Island! Shuttle service to the island right outside the front door. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance! Rooms were superfabulous. We had one corner room and one not and both were great. The corner room is spectacular. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The view is breathtaking. I would not pay extra for the "club" floor. Snacks were sad, breakfast was worse. Plenty of parking just outside the back door. I drive a suburban and this lot was great. Staff bent over backwards to provide service. Wow! This is definitely a must do again.

Room Tip: Paying extra for the view is worth it. Corner room is spectacular! Paying extra for the club floor n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lincoln Harbor Sheraton is a clean very reasonable place to stay when I am in the area. I come several times a year and have not been disappointed. I drive in and appreciate the parking!! I never get tired of the view of the NYC skyline. The staff is friendly and quickly responds to any problems. I feel they are very fair and do a good job with guest issues. I do NOT like having to pay for my wireless when I visit!! I am not comfortable working in the hotel lobby when I am on business! Other than that I have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at a corporate rate of $205 for a king room with a city view. The property seemed very dated. While it was okay - and a great location if you need to be in Weehawken - I was disappointed overall. Several observations - very slow check-in. Crowded desk, not enough people working. Secondly, the internet code provided by the front desk did not work - had to make a trip down there. When I was getting ready for bed, I heard a dripping sound in my room. Water was leaking in through the top of the window, or maybe some kind of condensation thing was going on. Imagine my shock when I saw a towel had been spread on the window sill to catch the water. It was late so I didn't complain, and it seemed to be fixed the next day. But if they knew enough to put a towel out, they knew enough not to give me that room. I was not impressed by this property.

Room Tip: Don't take room 432. It leaks and the bathroom is old.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for letting us know on your experience. We would like to extend our apologies because your experience was not a pleasant one. We strive for excellent service. We would like to welcome you back to our property, change your view of our property, and show you the service which we strive for. You may contact me at noelia.hernandez@sheratonlh.com. I will make sure your experience with us is a perfect one. We do hope you return, thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel
The Westin Jersey City Newport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!