“Amazing View”

GreenLeadersBronze level
York, PA
“Amazing View”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love Manhattan but there is something to be said for staying in NJ so you are able to see the view of Manhattan! Great hotel, service was wonderful, front desk check in and check out went smoothly. Very large rooms, plush furninshings and amazing beds! There is a ferry very close to the hotel in order to get into NYC if you do not want to deal with the bridge and tunnel trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoy your stay. We do hope you return soon. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boyds, Maryland
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Twice a year we visit New York and have learned that the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor is a wonderful choice. I know, some people may not agree and I am sorry that they did not enjoy themselves. We on the other hand, have ALWAYS had great experiences. Here is my take on having a positive trip... Book early through the Sheraton web site. Use your AAA auto club membership to book a refundable, parking included package. To me the bargain price of a prepaid nonrefundable reservation is no bargain. Always book a city view room, the post card look and the feeling is amazing! You will say WOW!, (if only under your breath). Arrive early, secure a parking pass and off you go. The room probably is not available that early, but the city is waiting for you. Enjoy the extra time. We ate most meals in the City. Five Napkin Burger on Ninth Avenue at 45th is wonderful! Catch a Yankees game, the subway makes the trip easy. From the Port Authority (NJ bus ends here) take the subway shuttle line to Grand Central and then take the No. 4 Woodlawn subway line all the way to Yankee Stadium, (161st Street). The subway stop is touching the stadium, perfect location. You can see the trains going past beyond the right center field wall.
Hotel is clean. Lobby, hallways, room, baths all well maintained. Peacefull park directly in front of the building. Enjoy a late night glass (of water) sitting on a bench watching the lights of the city reflect and shimmer on the Hudson. During the morning, jog for miles along this waterfront park.

Room Tip: TRANSPORTATION TIPS: Take the bus to and from the City. The nearby bus stop is the last stop going...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank danl14400
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is such a great pleasure to hear how much you enjoy yourself.Thank you for all of the great tips, I am sure our guests will find them very helpful. We hope you return soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2013

"We will be back," I wrote a year ago after a terrific stay. What a difference a year makes. I don't know if the hotel is under new management, but the next time my family visits the area, we'll be at the nearby Westin, Hyatt or Doubletree. And if you are vacationing in the NYC area and seeking R&R, I would advise you to do likewise. There was one truly lovely exception at the front desk who truly understood what it means to be in the hospitality business. And there were others who apologized when one thing or another screwed up. But, honestly, management does not seem to care.

A few examples -- (1) despite having booked 2 rooms well in advance using Sheraton's website, and emailing a request for adjoining rooms, the hotel assigned rooms on separate floors. One room was not ready after two hours. No one kept me posted, or offered me so much as a drink. What a waste of my time. (2) The front desk initially said a birthday upgrade for my elderly dad was not possible. (Full disclosusre: he eventually received free parking and some nice berries.) (3) The Club Floor "upgrade" provided when my $300/night not-on-the-same-floor rooms were swapped for two same-floor $169/night rooms came with a breakfast worthy of Motel 6, and evening hors' d'oeuvres consisting primarily of junk food. (5) The hotel's offer of shuttle service to the only running NY Waterways Ferry the night on July 4th disappeared without prior notice, basically leaving me stranded at 11 pm. Their excuse? Traffic. Well, I filmed this non-existent "traffic" on my iPhone as I made me way to the ferry on my own. Perhaps I'll share it in a letter to Sheraton's CEO.

So if Management provides an excuse for inconveniencing me, or plants any five-star "reviews" following this one, don't you believe it. The only positive outcome I'm willing to entertain is "Sheraton Lincoln Harbor: Under New Management."

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NYCJanet
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know on your experience. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay. We do apologize for the fact that we did not meet your expectations, We do tend to be extremely busy around the 4th of July so it becomes much harder for us to upgrade as it is extremely busy. We do hope you give us another try, so we may show you the outstanding service our property strives for. We will use this as a training tool for the future, as we are always trying to improve ourselves. We do hope you give us another try.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. Very caring staff. Great alternative to staying in Manhattan. For under $300 we had a large king suite with sofa bed for our child, two TVs and room divider. Modern, well appointed room. Corner room with three large windows - view across the Hudson of NYC skyline, direct view of Empire State Building. Ferry service right outside hotel's front door takes you right across the Hudson and to Manhattan's 34th street/Times Sq area. Using the NY waterway ferry and bus system is easy and costs about $9 per person. Once in the city, grab a taxi anywhere you need to go. Nice to end the day in the quiet area of Hoboken and with a great view of the lights of NYC. Hotel staff was very attentive to any needs. Nice amenities. Excellent restaurant on site.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Juliaperales
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor. I think it's better then staying in Manhattan. When your in Manhattan you don't have a view of Manhattan, but staying here you get a great view of the city and the Hudson River. There is a ferry right next to the hotel that takes you accost the river into Manhattan. They have a large parking lot and have room for bus parking. The restaurant is good but there are lots of places that will deliver a lot of food for not much money. Lots of good Chinese and Italian food. The Pier House Restaurant is also real close, just on the other side of the ferry dock. It's built on a pier right on the Hudson River with a great view of Manhattan. Every time I've been there I always had a water front city view room. As you'd expect, the rooms are clean and very nice as is the whole hotel. Some of the rooms seam to be be set up a little strange but not in a bad way, just different. If given the choice I will always pick here over staying in the city.

Room Tip: Get a river view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JAkles
It is a great pleasure to hear you enjoy our property. We always enjoy hearing of our guests experiences.Next time, try out Hoboken, which is the next town over. It has tons of stores, restaurants and beautiful parks. It is the perfect place if you would like to expand your choices. We hope you return soon! Thank you for your time.
Zofingen, Switzerland
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week while visiting NYC. Liked to be on this very calm side of the Hudson after a very busy day in Manhatten. You have a fantastic view on Manhatten. You can go to Manhattan by bus or by ferry both in walking distance (less than 2 minutes). Room was large and clean, a bit old though. Beds were god. Free water in room refilled daily. Staff very friendly. They have a small gym that is nicely equipped. Would go there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have not had great experiences at Sheraton's in the past but was pleasantly surprised by the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel. Check in was quick and easy and so was self parking. We were given a corner room with a great view of NYC and the river. The room was quite large with two tv's, a seating area and a good size bathroom as well. The pool was not very inviting (small) and room service took over an hour for two beers, a cranberry juice and a dessert. We were given a complimentary juice for the wait. The dessert was warm and delicious but it was absurd to have to wait that long. I would still definitely stay here again due to the very friendly staff, ferry right next to hotel to get into the city and the large CLEAN rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank labradors0610
Noelia h, Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. Our apologies for the inconvenience of your waiting for your room service. We do hope you give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
#1 of 14 in Jersey City
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!