“Don't judge this hotel by its lobby.”

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weehawken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was not good. The lobby was small, bland and understaffed. I hand to wait about ten minutes to check in only to be told that my room was not ready. Check in time is 3:00PM and I was hoping I could check in a little early, at 2:30. My room was not ready until 4:00PM. Their excuse was that they were fully booked the night before. In my opinion, if you are running a hotel, you should hope to be fully booked everyday and still accommodate your guests.

When I finally did get to my room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was gorgeous, immaculate, and comfortable. I reserved a room with a view of the NY skyline and was delighted with the wall to wall windows. Also, on the 10th floor, they offer a suite with free continental breakfast in the AM and hors devours in the PM, everyday.

I had to rush to get ready to go out, due to the late check in, but when I returned later that evening, I was surprised by a note of apology and two bottles of beer with pretzels. Very nice touch. Also, their apologies and offers to assist me in any way they could were very sincere. Hector, a member of their guest services staff, was the best!

Overall, I can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the NY Skyline View!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Matthes M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments. We would like to first apologize for the less than exceptional service you encountered upon arrival and assure you this is not our standard level of service we strive for. It is our goal to exceed our customers expectations from arrival to departure and we are just sorry we fell short of this during your stay. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Your wonderful remarks about Hector will be shared with him.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked a room with a view of the N.Y. skyline and it was worth the extra fee. We had never stayed in New Jersey as we usually stay in N.Y. but we were quite pleased by the view. All the staff members we talked too have been very polite and helpful in providing information about transportation and attractions. The room was large with a living-room section and office space. There are 2 T.V. The ferry is right next door so it is very convenient but if you're a family it can be quite expensive, so make sure you ask how much it costs before purchasing your tickets at the front desk. Once you get to N.Y. there are free shuttles to take you to various areas, just make sure you hop on the right bus. Your other option is to take the bus which is also next to the hotel and costs much less. It will take you to the Bus Terminal right next to 42nd & 8 th Street in about 10 minutes (when there's no traffic, of course!).

The hotel restaurant serves excellent authentic Italian food at reasonable prices and they have a view over the water and N.Y. skyline.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silvia D

Thank you for your comments and we are happy you enjoyed your visit. We completely agree that the view is magnificent.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Damian & Hector were extremely helpful!! West wing as others mentioned is nice & quiet, however, housekeeping noisy slamming door constantly when cleaning a room. (My only compliant) The view will WOW you!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank cmboykin

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Hector & Damian. They are both great members of our team. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed the magnificent views. Please "like" us on Facebook to receive information on special promotions we offer and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family of four enjoyed our stay overall. Location across the river provided a great view of the city and easy access via the ferry. Short drive to downtown Hoboken was also worthwhile. Former suites hotel provided a large room that was clean and comfortable. Sheraton has a gold mine in the location, but a restaurant with a poor reputation and understaffing don't raise it beyond satisfactory. We had a problem at checkout when we were charged for room service we didn't order (apparently a $15 small cheese pizza). It took 35 minutes to straighten out. I'm not sure they believed us, but they did eventually erase the charge. Staffers were nice enough, just undermanned at check in and check out.

Room Tip: We had a good view of the NYC skyline without asking for a special room. Most will anyway!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Matthes M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. While we truly value the positive comments, we also welcome any insite from our guests on areas we can improve. It is our desire to have all our guests leave completely satisfied and I am truly sorry we fell short of your expectations in some areas. We will definitely share your comments with the appropriate managers to use as a training tool with their staff. Please be assured this is not our standard service and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the true service we pride ourselves on during a repeat visit the the area.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

One of the poorest hotels I have stayed at with an unhelpful, unpleasant management and front desk. The location is very poor if you are on a short visit with very little close by. The first indication of a poor hotel is arriving across on the ferry to see two of the letters of Sheraton broken! First ferry leaves after you would want to be in Manhattan so the only other option is to walk to the train to Hobaken and change to the metro into the city. Don't save money by staying out here a 2 star in central Manhattan is a better option.

Room Tip: Good room selection - Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kjmcd66

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous reviews have provided and we apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please allow me to address some of your concerns.
As past reviews show, our location and accessibility to NYC make our hotel a frequent choice for both new and repeat customers to the area. In addition to the NY Waterway Ferry that departs the hotel daily to NYC, we also provide complimentary transportation to/from the main Waterway Terminal during the hours prior to the first Lincoln Harbor departure and also after the final Lincoln Harbor ferry of the evening. This additional service allows our guests the extra time to enjoy all that NYC has to offer and not have to worry about the last ferry to Weehawken. If the ferry is not your transportation option of choice, there are also frequent busses that depart regularly within walking distance of the hotel. These buses provide transportation to Port Authority in just 10 minutes.
I am very pleased to say that the signage has been repaired and is now working and visible from the ferry.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to redeem your faith in our service.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and it was a great experience!! We opted for a room with a view of the NYC skyline and it was absolutely splendid. The room had an unobstructed view of the night light studded skyline making it a dreamy evening. It was everything we hoped for. The room was surprisingly large considering the hotel's proximity to NYC. It is an easy access to the NYC ferries which was a huge plus in the winter.
Right from when I called to confirm my reservation, Angelina at the front desk went out of her way to be helpful with everything we needed. When we showed up she immediately connected with me and she turned out to be a warm and welcoming host. The check in was a breeze. And our stay comfortable!
Great choice for either business or vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for views of the NYC skyline... Price extra but totally worth it!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank itravellot
Matthes M, General Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear itravellot,
thank you for sharing your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the services at the hotel. Angelina is certainly an asset to our team and I will gladly share your comments with her.
Please don't forget to like us on facebook and receive information about special rates and upocoming events in the area. We would look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

At Lincoln Harbour access via ferry right out front of the hotel to Midtown Pier was an excellent surprise. The hotel itself is good enough, without being outstanding. Had the feeling that no-one was going out of their way to stand out. In fact they cost themselves a repeat booking by referring me to the Internet when I tried to re book for three nights after a short trip to Washington DC. If I'm going to go on the Internet then I may as well look around. Nonetheless it was a good quality hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry H

Dear Harry H,
thank you for sharing your experience after your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that the service you received from our staff members was sub-par. This is certainly not the norm nor is it the level of service we strive to provide our valued guests. We pride ourselves of our excellent customer service and I apologize that we were unable to meet your expecations. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future. I would look forward to personally welcome you back upon your next stay.

With best regards,

Matthes Metz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
Midtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#279 of 471 in New York City

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!