“Outstanding Surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stephens City, Virginia
“Outstanding Surprise”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights this past October, prior to a cruise to New England and Canada. We got a great deal on Hotwire. We did not know which four star hotel we had reserved until the purchase. What an incredible surprise. The Sheraton was simply outstanding. The front desk staff were very accomodating; our room spaciouse and very clean (a must for my wife), and we were pleased that we had a nice view of lower Manhatten. Best of all, to our surprise, was that we were just steps away from a ferry terminal where we could access a ferry for a short ride to mid town Manhatten. This proved very handy on the morning we left to go to the ship terminal for our cruise. There are a number of nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We will definitely return to the Sherator for any future visits to New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My now-husband secured us the panoramic view for the duration of our stay. This room was excellent, with beautiful views of the New York skyline.

The room was extremely large, with the bed on the panoramic corner, and a large living area semi-separate - i.e. this room was the size of two normal hotel rooms. Bed was huge! House keeping were excellent.

Bathroom smelled - guessing this was drainage issues as it was there the duration of the stay.

Someone was smoking in a room near us- despite being a non-smoking floor, but not the hotel's fault.

Room service were great, the restaurant downstairs was excellent. Always room in parking. Taking the water taxi was easy and convenient, and there is a bus that was cheap to get back from New York at night.

All in all, excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Statham, Georgia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is amazing with it's helpful and pleasant staff and the oversized rooms. We requested a room with the river view and was overwhelmed. The view of the NY City skyline at night is breathtaking. The ferry to NY is right at your back door and free buses are waiting to take you to the Big Apple. We will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthes M, General Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear oneLten,
thank you for sharnig your recent experience on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. If you are interested in special promotional rates and when to plan you next trip, like us on Facebook. 'Starpick's' rates and special promotions are just around the corner! We hope to see you very soon again.
Monmouth County, NJ
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for a night in this hotel after attending a nearby event. We booked a package that included parking in the outdoor lot. The room was spacious and well kept. My wife felt the mattress was too hard and had a poor nights sleep; I found the mattress to be fine. The room had in an in-room safe that used the typical user-supplied four digit code.

The hotel is located right on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan. A ferry docks right next to the property and I believe the hotel either sells tickets at the desk or offers a package which includes ferry tickets. A Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is located immediately across the street and a Houlihans is about an 800 foot walk from the front doors. The hotel bar is the average, recently renovated hotel bar. The pool area was well kept and large; the pool itself was large and had a deep end. The property consists of two towers which seem to be similar. However we were traveling with friends and our rooms were in different towers, so it was a bit of a walk to get to them. All staff was courteous. The room was quiet however you will here the faint sounds of constant helicopter traffic due to the proximity to Manhattan.

On the downside there was a large stain in the hallway near our room; I understand things happen and it may have been recent, but it stood out because the rest of the property was so well kept.

I was also disappointed by Sheraton's policy of not offering the lowest rate upon a check-in; the price of the package I booked had decreased since booking but because I realized this after 4PM the day before check-in, Sheraton was insistent the rate could not be adjusted. All the service agents were very polite when attempting to resolve my issue, but ultimately I paid the higher rate. I was irritated by this my entire stay since I knew I was overpaying for the room. I understand hotels have policies and are in the business to make a profit, but I wasn't even offered anything other than an apology. I'm sure there were resources available that would have placated my concern and been a negligible cost to the company.

Room Tip: High floor, Northeast corner of main tower has a great view of NYC and ferry landing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach Island NJ
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Ok here we go. Wanted to stay in the Hoboken W but it was full so we settled on this place. The room size is above average, they bang you $25 for parking which isn't so nice.. Location is solid. View of NYC is nice. Didn't have a chance to check out the fitness room. Ruth Chris restaurant is located across the street. Charter House restaurant ( wow-amazing) 2 1/2 blocks away. Pretty clean. Fast elevators. This certainly isnt a 4 star hotel, but certainly an above average 3 star if that makes any sense. I think with the parking and fees it was $320 so not terrible. TV was a nice looking flat screen but lacked good channel selection and the remote was a bit antiquated.

Room Tip: Buy low , sell high. Sorry don't have any.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank in2flying
Orange County, California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel for a business trip. When I last stayed here, I vowed to avoid this hotel because it was really worn. Well, they must have done a renovation because my room looked much nicer. The bathroom looked more modern. All of the standard amenities were there. This hotel is right next to the water taxi/ferry if you want to cross over to Manhattan. You can buy tickets at the hotel front desk. It is also a 5-10 minute walk to the Light Rail Station from which you can travel into Hoboken which is a great town that also has a full train station or into Jersey City where you can take the PATH Train into Manhattan or towards Newark. The service at the hotel is great. The workout room looks much nicer as well. The only thing about this hotel is that it is very pricey for what you get, but that's the way hotels in this area are

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel recently underwent a renovation-they have an indoor pool, convienient on site parking, a good resturant &bar on site with very resonable room service for the area but most of all-Location Location, Location!! Half the price of a smaller room in the City- with a Ferry stop at your front door, you get a better view of the NYC skyline and walking distance to the Chart House, Spirit of NY Dinner Cruise and some of the best resturants in Hoboken!! For anyone going to NYC- this hotel is the only place to stay - cause its in New Jersey!!!!

Room Tip: if you are not going to spenda lot of time in the rom-just get the non-city view and save yourself s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
#1 of 14 in Jersey City
Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!