“This hotel is now a La Quinta Inn”
Review of Days Inn Wayne

Days Inn Wayne
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed April 13, 2007

This hotel is now a La Quinta Inn, and it's pretty good. Renovations are currently underway. The staff was friendly. I slept too late for the breakfast, but I am glad La Quinta offers it. It was fairly centrally located, although in New Jersey one often has to drive around in big circles to get on the correct side of the highway.

I would have liked to have room with two doubles or a king, but all they had was a queen. That ended up working out fine. The room was recently remodeled, and the furnishing were nice. It was quiet, and the windows open in the hotel for fresh air, which is great.

The hotel has StayOnline internet service for their guests, which is the worst. I stay in 70-80 hotels per year, and StayOnline is the only internet service which consistenly doesn't work with my computer. When I call technical support, I get bumped up to "tier three," for advanced troubleshooting. I am told to leave a message for them, and then they never call me back. Fortunately, I talked to the manager, and it sounds like they may be switching to a new internet service due to the switch to La Quinta. That would be a good move.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank biztravel1
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Wayne

Reviewed August 29, 2006

I checked in on the 29th of August in the evening and the receptionist was fair. I guess when the person left, whoever replaced her needed some hotel courtesy course. The person took forever to answer the phone @ the front desk and when I asked regarding the services in the television, he gave me an answer and then hung up. That happened 3 times. When we finally went downstairs and gave a deposit for movies, we were charged for 2 extra movies which were over $10 each and for video game rent of which we never even got to use because their controlls were not working. We never got the money back. At first, when I asked for it back @ check-out, the man kept telling me that he can not tell how many movies I entered. That's absurd since they ask for deposit but can't keep track??? What kind of scam is that? The man look very displeased with an attitude and fiddled with the computer for 20 mins and decided to give me 11 dollars out of 40. And he didn't know how many movies I rented despite the fact I told him we only ordered one. He just placed the money infront of me and left.
The pool was also closed the whole time were there. There's no way the bed was a QUEEN SIZE. The breakfast was alright but the danishes tasted old.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank maye504
Reviewed July 27, 2006

The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast wasn't half bad, but the service and professionalism that was shown was poor at best. They refused to give me any kind of receipt or verification even that I stayed there, and it took a month of going back and forth before they would write a short letter stating that I had stayed there. The pool was closed per the fire marshall due to "no employee being certified in First Aid & CPR". I would think this would be an important thing to have would be training in these basic skills. I'm hoping that they have taken care of the personnel issues, but I will likely not stay there again, even if it means paying more or driving further.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank johnboy1978
Reviewed July 23, 2006

This is rated as a 3 star hotel and that's a bit of a stretch. The first time I stayed here I thought the accomodations were decent. The second time it was ok but the room wasn't as nice and I was at the back of the hotel which was not as desirable. As for the area, it's decent. There are some good restaurants around and it seemed like a fairly safe area. As a woman business traveler traveling alone I felt safe at the hotel and the area. There is some decent retail in the area also. The price is tough to beat but there are certainly no frills.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Kirstini
A TripAdvisor Member
Alexandria VA
Reviewed June 27, 2006

The only reason we stayed here was because it was the only hotel we could find in Wayne that wasn't a scary no name motel. We stayed three different times in the last 6 months thinking that it had to get better on the next stay. But, they are 100% consistent with dirty rooms full of hair and left over body fluids YUK. The other reviews are sure to be accurate based on our experience. The staff is unwelcoming and adequate simply to check you in and out. The housekeeper didn't pay attention to details or report inoperable equipment for repair before signing off on her room for rent. Don't blame them, blame the management for not training them and giving the employees a hotel to be proud of. Not everything in the room worked. Nice to have iron and board, refrigerator and microwave and safe in room (did not use). TV worked fine. Hopefully Wellesley or La Quinta will get their act together. I'd really like to stay in this location.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2006

OK. Let me first say that my wife and family left the nearby Regency House Hotel because it was a nightmare. We picked the Wellesley Inn because it was nearby and a touch more decent than the flop house we came from. When it comes to these kinds of hotels I know what to expect and it ain't much, and I definitely would have never written a review in TripAdvisor about it. When I awoke the first morning I noticed to my disgust, two used condoms and their wrappers in the trash bin that had obviously been neglected by the cleaning staff. When I called the front desk, the manager, Ed Bettio, offered to take the first night charge off and had an attendant come and dispose of the disgusting evidence. All right, fine and good, and everything is okay again. A few minutes later, this idiot of a manager calls me up and says that although the first night was free, his cleaning staff manager insists that the room was cleaned thoroughly. I tell him what was this supposed to imply? Was I trying to get a free night in this dump? I've stayed in many hotels, good and bad, all over this country and Europe and never had a manager imply that I planted used condoms to get a free night. After the call, my wife and I dressed and went down to the front desk and demand the manager apolpgize for implying that his customer (who brought a whole family with him to stay at his establishment) planted used condoms to bilk him out of a free night. He chose to deny the obvious fault of his staff and made a scene in front of shocked customers. I have to plead with any decent people who desire to stay here to please steer clear of this place unless you are a drug addict prostitute looking to soil the sheets!

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank kugaloo
Reviewed May 15, 2006

Upon arrival my room had dirty sheets, a broken balcony, and a telephone that would not work properly. After I went back down to the desk and was reassigned a different room, I realized I should have stayed in the first. The door handle to the balcony was missing, there was dried fluid of some sort on the wall, the dresser was missing a handle, and the contents of a welcome binder was soaked with what looked like dried body fluid. I was fortunate enough not to have to spend much time at the hotel.

During my 4 day stay I did pop in occassionaly to grab some of my things. The maid came on the first day to make the bed, but also removed the toilet paper and tissues My room was not cleaned or tended to again while I was there. When I called to the desk to ask if someone could bring up needed toilet tissue, and facial tissues (that had been taken from my room) I was told they do not have a delivery service and was then instructed to hunt someone down in housekeeping. I never found anyone and had to simply open the supply closet and collect what I needed. The vending machines were out of order during my entire stay. Over all this hotel was DIRTY, RUDE, and very much DISGUSTING. Had I not been told that if I checked out early I would lose my reservation payment in full (250.00) I would have left immediately.

I am a student that is accustom to staying in less than luxurious accomodations, but this place was absolutely ridiculous! I just wish I had taken pictures of the room I ended up with.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Bethany J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Residence Inn Wayne
Residence Inn Wayne
#2 of 7 in Wayne
Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area

Been to Days Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!