“If you are a member of LQ be prepared to jump thru hoops for your rewards points”
Review of Days Inn Wayne

Days Inn Wayne
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Since my joining AARP/LQ there seems to be a disconnect between the awarding of points earned thru repetitive stays,AARP advertised pricing are not honored,albeit a reduced "senior"discount is given almost reluctantly,(read you have to remind the representative on the other end of the phone).Their saving grace has been the general upkeep of the various LQ's I have stayed in nationally and quality of helpful staff.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Great location for those who have a car. If you don't have a car, will be too expensive use the taxis. It's a bit far from the train station. Have clean and comfortable rooms, friendly guest service. It's near a rental car store. The cost-benefit is perfect for those who need a comfortable and economical hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MelCarvalho
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I Have stayed in other hotels and motels but this is the only one I would recommend to friends and any one else. Out of the quinta in fairfield and the one in wayne I would always pick wayne, I Had a bad experience in the fairfield motel and it was very unpleasant we complained but nothing was done about it.

2  Thank Carlos M
Reviewed August 26, 2014

if you like to smoke stay there in non smoking section it is nice but i had to check in early and they put my children and i in the smoking area and it was horrible. but i do recommend this hotel if you stay in non smoking the food is good and so are bath supplies and wifi and comfy beds.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Very bad experience. Hotel had a moldy smell that made me sick all weekend. Someone was given same room and tried to enter when I was not dressed. Key cards didn't work day of checkout (even at 7 am). No outdoor seating area besides the pool which closed at 8 pm. No pool towels provided. TV in lobby out of order and has been for a long time (what we were told). Unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zivia B
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family consists of my wife and I and our two daughters aged 7 and 12 and our 23 lb. dog. We booked our room 3 weeks in advance with specifics for our needs. We arrived the date we were supposed to check in at 2:45 and our room wasn't ready, which we understood since check in is at 3. We left for lunch and returned at around 3:30. Our room was ready then, however we were put in a room with only one bed (which was not what we reserved). We returned to the front desk and received another room at the far end of the hallway, apparently because "they were full" and the front desk person didn't care "what they did the next night" since they booked us wrong. As soon as we walked in we could smell urine. The entire room needs some modernizing in addition to the TLC. The best part of the room was the shower. Sleeping was difficult with slamming doors, loud people and the idling truck out our window. The breakfast wasn't too bad, however the area was very small. I had breakfast 2 days and both days the area was packed and I had to come back later. While I do understand giving up luxuries and amenities because of the rate and lack of a pet fee, it was still not worth it.

Room Tip: May I suggest not bringing the pet, if you have to, this may not be your hotel
3  Thank UpstateNYFamilyPet
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Unlik others our room was very nice and very clean. The only pet friendly hotel we could find right next to I-287 in northern Jersey. The staff was very friendly and helped us find a nearby diner for dinner. The only negative for me was how hard it was to find on its small side street. We'll stay there again heading south to fla.. or north to me.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Residence Inn Wayne
Residence Inn Wayne
#2 of 7 in Wayne
Holiday Inn Express Haskell-Wayne Area

Been to Days Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!