“Very nice and pet friendly”
Review of Days Inn Wayne

Days Inn Wayne
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Unlik others our room was very nice and very clean. The only pet friendly hotel we could find right next to I-287 in northern Jersey. The staff was very friendly and helped us find a nearby diner for dinner. The only negative for me was how hard it was to find on its small side street. We'll stay there again heading south to fla.. or north to me.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks with our 5 year old son. Had a blast in the pool and free breakfast. Super staff and fast wifi made it really fun. WE bought used plates and utensils at the Good will down 23 and hit the stop and shop for groceries and were able to cook (microwave) lucnhes and dinners in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here last weekend , the hotel was clean and the room was also very clean. They offered a free continential breakfast but we did not eat there because it was a weekend they did not start serving until 7 am and we wanted to be on the road before then. The hotel was pretty easy to find and they gave us good directions to get where we needed to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barb R
Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, I should say that I have stayed at many La Quinta Inns, and most are a great combination of value and cleanliness for a pet-friendly hotel. This was not. Had this been my first La Quinta, I would never have tried another one. We stopped in early and room not ready, so we told them please hold for late check-in as we wouldn't be back from family gathering until late (checked in after 11pm). Actual patched holes, many of them, in the window liner hiding the sealed old sliding glass door, afraid to ask what caused all the holes but light was shining through patches at dawn. Mold in the shower (so we didn't use it), very dirty grout. Nothing looked or felt clean. I've stayed in dated rooms before that still felt clean. This one did not. Had we seen the room earlier, we would not have stayed there no matter what. Checked out the breakfast area for some coffee, walking to it the carpet was literally all ripped and wrinkly in the hallway and taped together in sections -- with actual tape, not even trying to hide how torn apart it was. The breakfast area did seem clean and had a hard-working attendant keeping it that way, so we felt safe grabbing coffee and bagels. I usually recommend La Quinta to friends traveling with pets, but after this one, I will definitely condition it only to the ones I know well.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
3  Thank WithMyDog
Reviewed June 22, 2014

For the price this hotel rates high. The location was perfect for us. The room and bathroom were clean. It was nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room along with the coffeemaker. The staff was very helpful in filling our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Security Problem - Found 2 entry doors in rear of building used to get to my room that were able to be entered without using a room key card at 8:30 pm. These doors should have been accessible only by using my room key card. Breakfast was ok however, no scrambled eggs - only hard boiled eggs.

1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Some front desk staff downright rude. Very noisy guests at 1am.poor quality. Was in handicapped room due to recent surgery. Needed extra pillows for my leg. Front desk man was abrupt and indicated they were sold out. Young lady at desk was lovely and helped me out. I was an interruption to his day, in my opinion.

3  Thank valree1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
4 mi away
#2 of 7 in Wayne
Wayne Motor Inn
Wayne Motor Inn
#6 of 7 in Wayne

Been to Days Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!