“happy stay, really give 4.5”

Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Reading, Pennsylvania
“happy stay, really give 4.5”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Directions need a little work. Says to take the Rt. 46 service road, but forgets you have to take 23 service rd. to get there.
that was the only bad thing. My room was nice and comfortable. I especially appreciated the hardwood floors. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Summary: You will not regret your stay here! I actually made a TripAdvisor account just for this motel - that is how impressed I was. I have a bachelors in Hospitality & Tourism Management so I know what I am talking about. Friendly/helpful staff, clean property/rooms, beautiful garden/outdoor pool area, all the rooms recently renovated, hardwood floors, private and safe area, new restaurant attached being built (May 2013), and nearby golf (miniature & putting center), and included hot & cold continental breakfast.

Details: I was trying to find a hotel to stay that was near Montclair because I was going to a concert with my boyfriend at The Wellmont Theatre (in Montclair). All the hotels in Montclair and The Oranges (West Orange, East Orange) were extremely expensive and not even in the proximity of walking distance that we wanted to the venue. I searched for hours and finally came across Fairbridge Inn & Suites in Wayne, NJ (a little farther away from the venue that I wanted - but SO inexpensive).
Now, "cheapness" also scares me - I am a recently graduated Hospitality & Tourism Management student so I am very judgmental when it comes to where I am going to stay, yet I still do not want to spend a lot of money because I've got to pay off my loans!
The room on Expedia was a total (with taxes) of $85.00. Granted, we did take a taxi to the venue which added to our expense, but it was still fairly priced. We used Wayne Totowa Taxi (taxi was $27.00 each way).
We were shocked coming into this place - the beautiful garden and flowers all around, the outside patio area, and the overall cleanliness of the entire property. Definitely nicer than any other three star hotel I have stayed at. I think Fairbridge is owned by Ramada, although I could not figure out who owned it until we stayed there and I saw a Ramada sticker on the room telephone.
If you are looking for a place to stay in this area, you will seriously not be disappointed. You cannot find something this beautiful for this kind of money. I was definitely a little scared booking it to begin with just because it was so much cheaper than all the other places, but I read reviews online and felt a little more comfortable - and now I am definitely glad we stayed there. My boyfriend is also a recent graduate with the same degree as me and feels the exact same way.
We booked the king-sized bed. The room was spacious. There was a desk with a chair, a recliner, the bed, large dresser with new tv and good amount of channels, Wifi. Only thing missing was a refrigerator - but we used the ice bucket to get ice which was really close to our room. When we got ice, we also noticed vending machines and a laundry machine/dryer!
The bathroom had a bathtub with a shower head, counter space, new tiles, giant mirror, very nice. I appreciate nice bathrooms.
Breakfast was amazing. Good time too - 7am to 10am. I was glad I didn't have to wake up too early since checkout is 11am. I made myself a waffle, greek yogurt, and had coffee and apple juice. My boyfriend had eggs, sausage, greek yogurt, coffee & orange juice. So delicious.
I am going to try to stay Fairbridge Inn & Suites whenever I have the opportunity.
I hope this review helps - it was my first one! And there is definitely a reason for me making this - normally I would be too lazy to make an account for something like this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mikaela108
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Mikaela108

Thank you so much for such an inspirational review. We truly value your opinion and are grateful for the time in effort that was put forth in creating such a detailed review. I am extremely pleased that our property has made such a lasting impression. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Mamaroneck
Reviewed May 27, 2013

For starters, you had to call to find out if the hotel was pet friendly - it's not on their website. And, they do not tell you that they charge $25 per pet until you check in. The room only provides two towels so you have to call the front desk to get more. Unfortunately, the phones didn't work so bring a cell phone. The air conditioner was not working so we had to sleep in the heat. At 4am the upstairs guests decided to hang out on the balcony and talk so we had to call again to get someone to quiet them down. Lastly, if you request a late check-out they are good with that - it's only $10 more per hour.

Room Tip: Apparently half of the rooms are renovated - so ask for one of them. That is probably the ONLY thing...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wayne hotels

Poughquag
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel on Tuesday night and had one of the renovated rooms, it was great, comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff was professional and pleasant to deal with, room was quiet and very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Me an a friend needed up staying here for a night. And I happen to find this place last minute. The area by us was all booked. Anyways ways I hapoen to find this hotel on hotels.com and the location was hard to find bc the gps couldn't naivagate.. we fianlly found it checked it. Walked around it was a nice little resort I must say. Had a pool with a very nice back where you could sit. The room was clean an so comfy. We bad a great stay. We over spelt passed check out time (by accident) but they were very friendly and nice about it. If u want a night to get away, I suggest going here. We had a great time. And if your hungry, want to shop, or do an activitie you have it all.

• Stayed April 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is under renovation but that is always a plus. Requested a non-smoking room and when I opened the door it smelt like a ashtray! Went to the front desk and they apologized and gave us another room. The room was clean and was one of the newer rooms that had been renovated with hardwood floors and newer furnishings. Quiet, location was perfect for us with easy highway access and friends live down the street. Staff was friendly, accomodating. Breakfast was your average continental breakfast but satisfactory. Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request one of the refurbished rooms. Restaurants are nearby but unfortunately the restaurant attach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback. We appreciate the time and effort that was put into documenting your stay. I do however apologize for the issue with the first room, and am glad the front desk could resolve it quickly for you. As you have mentioned, our property is currently under renovations and we are also awaiting the arrival of the new restaurant next door. We are hopeful that you keep us in mind for any upcoming lodging needs. Thank you again.
Andover, New Jersey
Reviewed April 4, 2013

expect a 'God bless you' from the people in the room next to you! Nice, clean, newly renovated hotel at a reasonable price, BUT, the walls are paper thin. I was awoken @ 2am to the discussion in the room next to mine. I could have joined in, but they were obviously intoxicated and discussing where the sun went at night. I figured it will dawn on them eventually....
It is a shame, because everything else about the place was quite nice and a great location for business.

Room Tip: Any room that doesn't have people staying next to you on either side!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Regency House Hotel
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!