“Extremely Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Extremely Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

NEVER AGAIN doesn't explain our frustration and disguist at this hotel. Would have been better off sleeping in my car. The room was so filthy and outright disgusting, my husband and I drove 2 hours home in the wee hours of the morning after a wedding. HUGE holes in blanket, blood on comforter, a shower covered with mold. The hotel refused to give us another room or reimburse us even though we didn't stay. Issued statement to our credit card company that the room was cleaned and WE made the mess! How dare they!!!! Awful management, cheap, truck-stop joint, right on the highway with people literally walking 3 feet from your bed. GROSS GROSS GROSS! Do not waste your money! Stay ANYWHERE but here!!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms...the place should be bulldozed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary_S46560

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I just wanted a place to stay the night, so I didn't want anything fancy. This place looked cute, but it turned out to be quite unpleasant. First of all, it was VERY hard to find! I used to live in North Jersey, so I thought I'd have no problems finding it (other reviewers also had problems), but I was wrong! Second, it's like a motel instead of a hotel: the doors are outside (and you have to park by the stairs that lead up to 2nd floor or walk to them in the cold with all your luggage which was annoying). The room was cute but the pillows were horrible and lumpy! The heat, even on low, was way too hot. There was no place to hang your towel. The worse thing of all was that our checkout time was 11am, but the maid had the NERVE to call our room at 9:30am saying she wanted to come in and clean!!! I have NEVER had that happen...extremely RUDE!!! It was like they were trying to rush us out the door an hour and a half early!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Wayne hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I just finished 7 weeks of Hurricane Sandy work in this area of New Jersey. I was here last year for Hurricane Irene and stayed somewhere that was booked this time. The only hotel I found was this remodeled Ramada Inn. I wasn't expecting much but the rooms were nice, the new mattress was the best I've experienced in an inexpensive hotel, good service at the front desk and a decent breakfast.
The only drawback is that it's hard for the GPS to locate, as the hotel is only accessed from the service road and not the hwy. Once you figure how to get in and out, it's actually very convienent.
I noted in the reviews that someone didn't feel safe here, but I found just the opposite. There is a driving range on one side that is fenced completely from the front to the rear and a lake behind it, which limits persons from walking into this area. It was quiet and never had a disturbance in the 6 weeks I was here.
I can recommend this hotel to business travelers as the desk and chairs were very accomdating. It looks like a decent family place also with a nice large pool, but it was cold while I was here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Frank L
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Initially I would like to apologize for my delayed response. We here at the FairBridge Inn are over joyed with knowing we could help ease the stress and discomfort that both hurricanes may have caused. As our location has proven to be a challenge we urge guest to follow the “Service road” entrance which will lead them right to our property. Moreover, we do appreciate the time and effort given to create a review. We look forward to serving you in the near future, however hopefully under different circumstances.
Hamilton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

A very Shady hotel, didn't feel safe at all. Found hair on the toilet seat and the shower head. Felt like Javier Bardain was going to come on looking for a suitcase full of drug money. Gross hotel overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cee S
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Initially, I apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, the front desk has no record of this issue. In an attempt to rectify the problem feel free to contact me at 973-256-7000 where you can ask for me by name. Hopefully, the general manager and I can come up with a solution to the problem. I would however like to point out that our property does have night security that can be contacted by pressing “0” on your room phone. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I come to this Inn about every 2 months for 2 weeks at a time. I just returned and as usual the rooms were clean, the service great and the hospitality friendly and warm. I can't imagine staying anywhere else for the value. However, I miss CIP and the convenience it afforded. I know it is not the fault of Fairbridge nor their responsibility, but I do hope another restaurant will soon be occupying the attached building. You have until January! :-) See you then.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room facing the pool. The view is great and it's very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out to offer another review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased to know that we have provided exceptional service to you during your multiple stays with us. In reference to the restaurant, we expect a replacement of the cheeseburger in paradise within the upcoming months. However until then, please take full advantage of the variety of delivery options that we have as well as other restaurants in the area the offer a percentage off to our guest. As previously stated, thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in January.
Highfields, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We book into the Fairbridge Inn last minute, trying to find accommodation with power close to Newark, just after Hurricane Sandy. Other reviews had said that it could be hard to get to - its on a service road, just off the highway. So when we got close, I just rang the receptionist to confirm the best directions - she was very helpful and clear and we found it easily. Can be a nuisance getting back to it after dinner, shopping etc. However, the friendly staff and large, clean rooms make up for it. Rooms have been recently renovated - we had a King room, but other options are available. Price was good. Facilities in room were new and good quality and all rooms surround a central courtyard with large pool. Although near the highway, the room was very quiet. Continental breakfast included had a wide range of foods and was a good start to the day. The location is handy to large shopping Malls in Wayne and only 20 miles from Newark airport. Would recommend the hotel, and would return.

Room Tip: There are two levels, so if you have luggage, ask for a level one room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Valued guest
Initially, I would like to thank you for taking your time out to express your opinion on our location. Furthermore, I’m pleased that we were able to accommodate you during such a trying time. Hurricane Sandy affected a number of businesses as well as residents locally, which kept us busy. Nonetheless, that did not hinder us in providing quality service to our guest. As our highways have proven to be tricky, I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our front desk staff in order to bring you in safely. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Howard Beach, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were attending a friends wedding and decided at the last minute to stay overnight. I searched online and found this place, it was less than 10 minutes away from the hall so it was good.

Everyone from the reservation over the phone to checking in and out where pleasant. It is right next to a mini-golf/driving range but we never heard any noise and our room was facing it. I was outside in the morning and never heard any noise so that was nice. We actually never heard any of the guests.

Room was perfect for our needs. Clean, comfortable bed, nice sized bathroom. Which had a blowdryer, ironing board and plenty of towels. The soaps that were provided smelled good too.

There were plenty of blankets and a nice recliner in the room as well as a desk and chair.

They had a complimentary breakfast in the morning but we did not have it. I think there were eggs, bacon, cereal, even waffles. Along with coffee, tea and juice.

Room Tip: Not so much the room but I wouldn't plan on using the cab services there. We wanted to take a c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Days Inn Wayne
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairfield Executive Inn
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
#9 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!