“Perspective from an extended stay user”

Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Perspective from an extended stay user”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Pros: I stayed in this property for the past 2 years. I commuted Monday and departed on Friday every week. The motel is extremely quiet - i only remember 2-3 times being awoken with late night noise outside my door.The staff that greets the customers are excellent. The breakfast every morning makes for a great start - i'm a cereal guy but the eggs and bacon/sausage smell great - The breakfast staff does their best to serve you. I have never jumped in the seasonal pool but it always looks refreshing, There are very good restaurants in the area and the Willowbrook mall is nearby. I highly recommend this property if you are visiting the area or looking for an economical alternative to NY City.

Cons: My past experience suggests that there are very few Cons. The motel has flooded once during the past two years but the former management responded extremely fast to repair the damage. The independent restaurant connected to the hotel is not one of my favorites - see pros lots of better restaurants in the area. Change in management is also an issue. After staying in this motel for the past 2 years every Monday through Friday, I met the new manager who is on property for the past 3-4 months or longer after I was informed that my long term rate was increasing significantly. Past managers have appreciated their long term guests loyalty to this property. The change in management and property name is significant. I don't like change.The new manager is behind the scenes and not hands on from what I have seen, More a financial turn around person then a hands on manager. Just hope the motel can continue to provide great customer service through the staff that understands that the customer comes first. Thanks Jasmine, Ashley and everyone else!

Options: If saving $$$ and a clean bed are your goals, other hotels in the area offer better value depending on your internet skills. I just need a clean room, a bed, a hot shower, and a nice working air conditioner during the summer. I'm low maintanance.

Conclusions: If you are a tourist and/or looking for a great place to stay short term - I highly recommend the Fairbridge Inn. I wish the "New" Fairbridge Inn the best of luck but as for me.... there are other options.

Room Tip: I prefer the the rooms on the Golf mini golf/driving range side. inside rooms near the pool can hav...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
I am delighted that you have taken the time to express your thoughts and opinions of the property. As you know, we have indeed experienced a number of changes, however in the process have tried to maintain a consistency for our guest. Especially those whom have remained loyal for a number of years. Unfortunately, price was something that was effected. As the economy has changed, the demand and expectations have not. Therefore in effort to continue to display luxury at an affordable cost we were forced to slightly increase the price. Myself along with the entire staff greatly value your business, and are honored to have served as your home away from home for such a long time. Thank you Again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've been coming here for years and all I've had are positive experiences. There is always security on site and maintenance people to help out. The pool is crystal clear and very well maintained. The prices are reasonable with a continental breakfast included. Whether it's a short stay or a longer one I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the Inn. They've changed from Ramada to Fairbridge with no change in service.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just stayed for four nights at this facility. Upon arrival I was alarmed to learn that my newly renovated room did not have a room safe. Asked at the front desk and was told maintenance would be available after 8 pm to install one for me. I was pleased. Waited in room until ten ( I would have loved to change into pajamas but held off. After a call to the front desk I learned that I was not getting a room safe - that they apparently are not provided in the rooms at the rear block of the motel. I found this very disturbing but made do by carrying some things with me in the city and locking others in my suitcase. I asked at the front desk the next morning about other provisions for locking up valuables. The desk clerk and his trainer ( I am sure it was the owner) answered with blank stares. I got the point!. The breakfast was food but nothing special. Certainly no more than I expected from one of these establishments. The restaurant attached was passable although I had the pleasure of a hair in my salad. That put me off the place. I received one tiny bottle of shampoo for the four days that I had to share with my roommate. We also had to make do with the one bar of face and bath soap we opened. The towels and bedding were clean. The room was clean as it was obviously new. I checked bedding and bed frames for bedbugs ( I had read the reviews posted.) The bed was cleaner than most I have seen in hotels. I took the shuttle to the mall one night. Not bad but I did not enjoy the fact that the shuttle did not run after 8pm and I was shook down for $20 USD for a return ride by taxi for a five minute ride. The road the hotel is on is a highway service road with no sidewalk. I was advised by other hotel guests not to attempt walking to the mall as part of the walk is over a berm and crossing round a fence over and through gravel.
Would I go back there? No

Room Tip: Stay away from the rear block. Request a room near the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Wayne hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Regency House Hotel
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area

Property: Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Address: 334 State Route 46, East Service Road, Wayne, NJ 07470-4899 (Formerly FairBridge Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > New Jersey > Wayne
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Wayne Fairfield Hotel Wayne