“Delicious and very fast service!”

Cheeseburger in Paradise - Wayne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Wow - I was staying at the Ramada next door and since they give a 10% discount with a room key why not? I ordered for take-out (as after a 7-hour drive we were not in a sit-down dinner mood). The girl who took my order was courteous, and when I went to pick up the food I only had to wait maybe 5 min (and I KNEW I showed up early. They told me 15-20 min I was over after 10 min). The staff was friendly, the order was perfect with nothing missing and the burgers were cooked correctly. Salad was delicious and the wings - wow, I have honestly never tasted wings that good. Was tempted to order more but was full. Very, very pleased.

1  Thank littlaitaly

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I had dinner here with family and friends the night before the Montclair State University spring commencement. The atmosphere was colorful and thematic, if a bit noisy at times from both the bar patrons not too far away from where we had been seated and the Jimmy Buffett on repeat ad nauseum.

The Coke and coconut rum I ordered was mixed to perfection and was very refreshing. The Cuban sandwich was okay, if a bit crusty for my tastes. The fries were alright, but nothing too memorable.

With the sandwich in my stomach, I wished to partake in a dessert of some type. The menu of dessert offerings proved disappointing (here's a tip: don't get the chocolate cake ANYWHERE because it'll more than likely be dry and bland) so I decided instead to try a dessert drink.

I ordered the S'moretini. Twenty minutes later, the server comes back and informs me that they're...out of the ingredients necessary.

Huh. Okay. So, I decided to order the Orange Creamsicle martini. Twenty minutes later, the server returns again and informs me, once more that they're out of the ingredients for the drink.

I saw this as an abysmal oversight on the part of the restaurant management. You have an influx of people staying in the hotel this restaurant's attached to, and a lot of people coming to your restaurant because they're in town for the MSU commencement, and you don't bulk up your inventory in response? What an incredible lapse in management.

This was a disappointing end to an otherwise so-so restaurant experience. Safe to say, when I come here in a group or alone where I get more of a say as to where we have dinner, I'll avoid this establishment.

2  Thank DodgerOfZion
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I have been steady customers for several years, and we've brought a lot of friends there. For the past year, we've been 8-10 people per week for one of their weekday evening promotions.

Food is okay, not great but adequate for what you pay. Service, once good, is erratic, but our most recent visit is what we'll remember. Service wasn't spotty, it was poor. 30 mins after being seated to get a waiter to take our orders, and slow service thereafter for the rest of the night ... except for when they decided to clear a tablemate's food, which she hadn't finished eating yet. They were fast about that.

The clincher was at the end, when I complained to the manager that I wanted the waiter to return with my credit card. The manager assured me that they would take care of me and reminded himself that I come every week. Apparently, my attempt to refocus him on the task at hand offended him, because I went from valued customer to pariah in an instant.

When a manager tells you that he doesn't want your business -- especially when you bring in 8-10 customers a week -- well, I feel compelled to oblige him. After all, he earned it.

2  Thank mie61
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the Fairfield/ Wayne area and finding a hotel with a restaurant like Cheeseburger in Paradise next door was a real find! I travel extensively on business and stay in the area 6-7 times per year. I now stay at the Ramada every time because it has this restaurant next door.

The food is typical burger/ basket meal type fayre. It's well cooked and reasonably quick (I'm never in a hurry as I have all evening). There is a good selection of beers, all ice cold and the prices are good.

The real bonus is the atmosphere. They have theme nights including Kareoke, Quiz, Classic Car and other special events. The guys behind the bar are all very friendly. They remembered me after my 1st visit and I hadn't been there for 3 months!

I took my son with me in August and he liked the fact that there can be large groups of young girls out for a night out raising the roof!

If you are going for a quiet meal (if there is such a thing in the US) then this place is not for you, but if you want a few drinks, a bite to eat, and a great atmosphere with friendly staff, you cannot go wrong.

Can't wait to return!

Reviewed November 17, 2009

Hi,
We went here for my husband birthday and had a great time! He enjoyed the burgers, service and atmosphere!!
The burgers were great and the selection was out of this world..