“BYOB - A bit pricey, but worth it!”
Review of Novu Restaurant - CLOSED

Novu Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Novu, fine dining is all about simplicity, personalized service, quality, and uncompromised freshness of food. Those who know Tony I. Dumani as the executive chef of the River Palm Terrace in Mahwah, and now chef-owner of Novu, can expect an exceptional menu. The freshest seasonal produce, crisp and uncomplicated flavors, and creative presentation are the essence for the Chef's inspiration. The regular menu embraces such consistent fare as, Prime Aged Steak like, Porterhouse, T-Bone, Filet Mignon and Ribeye as well as, fresh seafood, like Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, Halibut, shell fish, and delicious pasta dishes prepared to each customer's taste and satisfaction. ​Innovative and imaginative specials are offered nightly, adding variety and creativity to the menu. At Novu, you will receive attentive and discreet service in a warm and charming atmosphere for a truly wonderful dining experience. Our BYOB policy allows you to bring your favorite wines to accompany your dinner. We are open for dinner Monday through Saturday. The whole restaurant is available on Sundays for private parties and Weekdays for private luncheons and corporate meetings before 4:00pm. For an exceptional dining experience, come visit us. Remember to make reservations. We look forward to greeting you!
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband and I went to Novu last night with friends of ours. It was quite empty. Perhaps everyone had taken off for Labor Day weekend, or perhaps it is still undiscovered. The restaurant is located in a strip mall (Wedgewood Plaza), but you can't judge a book by it's cover. The atmosphere inside was very pleasant. We ordered oysters (both raw and baked) and both were delicious. For entrees, my husband and friend got the Ahi Tuna, while I got the Lamb Chop special and my other friend got the Lamb Shank. We were all very pleased with our meals. The cost for the four of us was $210, including tip. The service was excellent - but how could it not be with only 5 tables filled. We would definitely return, but not on a regular basis because of the cost. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank pdemeo

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been here several times and the food and ambiance are both good. Last time I was there the service was deplorable. Sorry, we are very busy is a terrible answer. That is an excuse for poor management. If this was an inexpensive place I would understand but it is not inexpensive. Get more help or lose customers. Overall a good dining experience But don't walk by tables for 10 minutes without letting people who your server is that night.

2  Thank RicA617
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Love the food, excellent service and nice atmosphere. We dined here for Mother 's day and even though they were very busy everything in our party of 15 was perfect.

1  Thank Meryl C
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place was DaVinci's and before that, Nadie's Touch of Pasta. We liked both restaurants and were sad to see them go, when they folded.
Novu is a bit more "upscale" than those 2 restaurants and does offer some very interesting meals. Everything comes ala carte, but entrees do come with a nice house salad.
We shared the mussels and clams, which I seldom see on menus... if ever.
VERY good! I couldn't stop dunking the bread in the lemon wine sauce. The bread was very good, although I like a little harder crust on my bread.
My wife had the crab stuffed shrimp with porcini risotto. The shrimp was over cooked, although tasty. The crab stuffing was good and helped to make the shrimp more palatable.
I had their 20 oz. shell steak. It was served perfectly medium rare, as ordered. As it came ala carte, I ordered some broccoli rabe with it. Their steaks are aged and a nice portion. (Duh! 20oz!) I'm not sure I "get" what the fuss is about aged meets. I definitely could taste that the meat was different (in a good way) from normal, unaged meats. I'm going to have to try more aged meats and compare them to "normal" meats.
The rabe was a bit tough and not as flavorful as I like to make at home. Still, it was acceptable.
The service was very good and attentive. No problem with Fabian at all. Nice guy.
We will be back.

2  Thank Conradb2
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I just moved recently to Wayne and there are not many good places to eat. We went to Novu last night and this will now be our new "go to" local restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food delicious and beautifully presented. We each had one of the night's specials and they were both delicious. The atmosphere is very lovely and upscale also. It isn't cheap, but the quality of the food reflects the price and since it's a BYOB the bill was reasonable. Love, love, love this place. Wayne just got lucky they opened there!

2  Thank mary4135