“Upscale in Wayne, NJ.”
Review of Novu Restaurant - CLOSED

Novu Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Novu, fine dining is all about simplicity, personalized service, quality, and uncompromised freshness of food. Those who know Tony I. Dumani as the executive chef of the River Palm Terrace in Mahwah, and now chef-owner of Novu, can expect an exceptional menu. The freshest seasonal produce, crisp and uncomplicated flavors, and creative presentation are the essence for the Chef's inspiration. The regular menu embraces such consistent fare as, Prime Aged Steak like, Porterhouse, T-Bone, Filet Mignon and Ribeye as well as, fresh seafood, like Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, Halibut, shell fish, and delicious pasta dishes prepared to each customer's taste and satisfaction. ​Innovative and imaginative specials are offered nightly, adding variety and creativity to the menu. At Novu, you will receive attentive and discreet service in a warm and charming atmosphere for a truly wonderful dining experience. Our BYOB policy allows you to bring your favorite wines to accompany your dinner. We are open for dinner Monday through Saturday. The whole restaurant is available on Sundays for private parties and Weekdays for private luncheons and corporate meetings before 4:00pm. For an exceptional dining experience, come visit us. Remember to make reservations. We look forward to greeting you!
Wayne, New Jersey
“Upscale in Wayne, NJ.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place was DaVinci's and before that, Nadie's Touch of Pasta. We liked both restaurants and were sad to see them go, when they folded.
Novu is a bit more "upscale" than those 2 restaurants and does offer some very interesting meals. Everything comes ala carte, but entrees do come with a nice house salad.
We shared the mussels and clams, which I seldom see on menus... if ever.
VERY good! I couldn't stop dunking the bread in the lemon wine sauce. The bread was very good, although I like a little harder crust on my bread.
My wife had the crab stuffed shrimp with porcini risotto. The shrimp was over cooked, although tasty. The crab stuffing was good and helped to make the shrimp more palatable.
I had their 20 oz. shell steak. It was served perfectly medium rare, as ordered. As it came ala carte, I ordered some broccoli rabe with it. Their steaks are aged and a nice portion. (Duh! 20oz!) I'm not sure I "get" what the fuss is about aged meets. I definitely could taste that the meat was different (in a good way) from normal, unaged meats. I'm going to have to try more aged meats and compare them to "normal" meats.
The rabe was a bit tough and not as flavorful as I like to make at home. Still, it was acceptable.
The service was very good and attentive. No problem with Fabian at all. Nice guy.
We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Conradb2

Paramus, New Jersey
“Great new restuarant in Wayne”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I just moved recently to Wayne and there are not many good places to eat. We went to Novu last night and this will now be our new "go to" local restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food delicious and beautifully presented. We each had one of the night's specials and they were both delicious. The atmosphere is very lovely and upscale also. It isn't cheap, but the quality of the food reflects the price and since it's a BYOB the bill was reasonable. Love, love, love this place. Wayne just got lucky they opened there!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank mary4135
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,396 helpful votes
“Wonderful New Addition to Wayne”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been here twice, and I love it! The atmosphere is charming & the service is impeccable. Both times I have had seafood apps and entrees and they were all fabulous. I highly recommend this newcomer!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Luvs2TravelAnywhere
New Jersey
“Great new restaurant.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I always like to have local "go-to" restaurants for when friends and family come visit. Novu is going to the top of our list. It's an upscale dining experience with great food and great service. The prices are not cheap but they reflect the high quality of the food. You get what you pay for. It's BYOB.

• Visited June 2014
“Mother's Day Home Run!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

At the last minute I decided to take my mother and daughter out for mother's day not thinking I might need a reservation. Every place I called was booked! I googled restaurants in Wayne and Novu came up and fortunately they had room for us. Beautiful place and excellent food! My daughter had the veal osso bucco which was out of this world! I started with the muscles and clams and could not stop dipping bread into the tasty sauce. I then had the stuffed shrimp with crab meat - another excellent choice! My mother surprised me by eating almost all her filet mignon- she has a very small appetite! We ended our meal sharing a slice of cheese cake- the best I've ever had. Don't forget to BYOB! I'll be coming back soon!

• Visited May 2014