“What a weird place”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Paris Inn

Paris Inn
Ranked #93 of 155 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American, Italian, French, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: For over 40 years the Paris Inn has been a North Jersey landmark restaurant and banquet venue serving Italian Continental cuisine. Family owned and operated the Paris Inn maintains a 80 seat ala carte dining room as well as four banquet and party rooms that can accommodate groups up to up to 150 people. A piano bar in our lounge sets the mood. The Paris Inn is great for casual fine dining, corporate meetings, weddings and banquets for all occasions.Join us in our ala carte dining room for casual fine dining Tuesday through Sunday. Live entertainment in our piano lounge Fridays and Saturdays. Our catering facility can host your next event. We specialize in all types of banquets and parties including weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, showers, sweet sixteen, bar/bat mitzvah, corporate meetings, corporate dinners. We also provide off premise catering at your office, home and other locations.Come and experience the personal attention we provide to all of our guests. Whether you join us for lunch, dinner or for a catered event the Petritsis family will ensure your experience will be both memorable and enjoyable.Lunch Tues - Fri 11:30AM - 3:00PM Dinner Tues - Thurs 4:30PM - 10:00PM Fri 4:30PM - 11:00PM Sat 4:00PM - 11:00PM Sun 12 Noon - 9:00PM Open for Private Functions
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“What a weird place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

After seeing a deal on Restaurant.com I talked my family into going to The Paris Inn on a Saturday night. We arrived for a 7:00 pm reservation to find the parking lot pretty empty and no valet in sight. After self parking two valets appeared from the back of the building, too late.

The older woman who greeted us was pleasant enough but was dressed in clothes that did not suit her well and looked like they came off the rack at a vintage thrift store. I am shocked to see reviews from over a year ago that mention the smell upon entering as we thought it was isolated to last night, however, the place smells like a geriatric nursing home. An old stale smell that is poorly attempted to be covered up by diffusers. Now, I am no spring chicken, but the average patrons in the place were over 70, with many older too. This place attracts an older crowd is an understatement.

Despite these weird few initial minutes we get seated and are promptly waited on by the wait staff. The waitstaff was excellent in most all respects. My water glass was always full,and the foods came out timely.

For appetizers the Beet and Goat Cheese salad was excellent, but the Pear Salad was uneventful. We thought we needed another appetizer and the waiter highly recommended the Mussels, which we regretted. Although very nice looking, the Mussels were not very good and had a bad taste, so that dish went uneaten.

Entrees were decent, but nothing to write home about. When you order Duck and Chateubriand for two you expect something special. The menu it reads like a four star restaurant, but none of our expectations were met with the quality and tastes of the foods we ate last night.

We did get a lot of food for the final price only due to that Restaurant.com certificate. Otherwise I would have been really upset.

This dining experience was so far off from meeting our expectations I describe it as weird.
At least the service we received was good and the food was edible while disappointing.

I think this place needs a total makeover. Strip all the carpeting and walls as the smells have permeated beyong the norm and have obviously been a problem for years. Bring in fresh management to either revamp the menu or raise the quality fo the food to what a menu like that deserves. In the mean time there are plenty of other places to experience other than this one.

• Visited June 2012
6 Thank AR163

Paterson, New Jersey
“EXCELLENT FOOD, GOOD VALUE AND BEAUTIFUL DECOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have driven buy this place over the years many times and always though by the pretty landscape and building that the price's would be out of my comfort zone. With the advice of a good friend i made reservations for a surprise engagement diner for me and my future bride. The food, service and indoor decor were all perfect. Tony Parris the executive chief made us a special (surprise) desert, a chocolate souffle. A special touch that we will never forget. We loved this restaurant so much that we recently had our wedding here and every one loved this lovely place as well..I can't wait till our next special eventful diner at the paris in.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank frank y
Wayne
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great food and excellent service, the food is fresh and the service is fast and tentive, freat place in deed

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Anthony R
Wayne, New Jersey
“Service was poor - food was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

From the outside it looks like a nice enough place. I went for lunch with a group of co-workers and ordered an endive and spinach salad with pear, gorgonzola, walnuts, and grilled shrimp. What I received was a plate of wilted arugula, onions, tomatoes, and 3 shrimp. When I explained to the waiter what I should have received, he asked me if it was on the menu. I showed him the salad that I ordered, he told me I was wrong and pointed to the salad they brought me. Customer service was non-existant and food was inedible. They never offered a replacement and still charged me for something I couldn't eat.

Also, there was a very noticeable floral smell when we entered the restaurant. It smelled like they were trying to cover up an even worse smell. That should have been my first clue to turn and run. Since we were the only people in the restaurant for lunch, that should have been my second clue. The food was the final nail in the coffin - they won't see me again.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Ellen1018
New Jersey
“Not worth the visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Ordered steak (supposedly a house specialty) which tasted like liver! The waiter was reluctant to take it back and called the owner. Paris himself came to the table with his 'portable cooking utensils' and proceeded to heat the steak and dripped lemon juice all over it, ignoring my pleas not to do that as I don't want lemon on my steak!! He reheated it and then cut a piece of the steak and tasted it, commenting that it was perfect! I had to convince him that I didn't want it and would like something else. Talk about being forced to eat something you don't like!! It reminded me of when I was 60 years younger and had to eat my vegetables....or else!!! Needless to say, I will not return to Paris Inn!

• Visited April 2011