“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Village Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 159 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 2004, the quaint, country atmosphere of The Village Inn belies the sophistication of the kitchen, where Chef/Owner John A. Martino C.E.C. exhibits his considerable talents. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of traffic, The Village Inn embraces the rustic call of warm greetings.
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been here for dinner and parties. Excellent food and service. had the duck last time and loved it. Lots of parting in the back. High end cooking with a family home atmosphere. Clean, quiet and un-rushed dining.

NJ
“Wow”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had some credit for Restaurants.com and I was meeting my husband in Wayne and I found this place quite at random. I wasn't expecting much until I drove up. It is at the end of a road as if to say, "You have arrived!" the inside was cute and had a decent bar area. Immediately, the hostess was charming. She kept poking her head over and making suggestions (as she heard us trying to choose from the interesting specials menu). There were so many interesting options. I chose an octopus appetizer and a dish of pasta, mushroom and sherry cream sauce, and seared scallops. It was awesome. My husband had a chicken dish with broccoli rabe and sausage, which he loved. For dessert we had homemade mini jelly donuts. They were kind of amazing.

If your considering this place, you should certainly go! I've already sent pictures of my dinner to my mom to entice her to return for Mother's Day. It's wonderful, feels like home and the food is delicious.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank PrincessFang
Wayne, New Jersey
“The best restaurant in Wayne.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is absolutely my husband's and my favorite restaurant. The food is consistently delicious and the service is awesome. Don't be fooled by the regular menu (in terms of size, it's smaller than average compared to other local menus), John Martino puts together one heck of a "specials" menu. Additionally, what the menu lacks in size, it makes up for in quality. I've had everything from chicken to seafood to steak here and have never been disappointed. Some of our favorites: asparagus and lump crab meat, thin crust pizza, torpedo shrimp, hangar steak, any and all of the salmon dishes, & hub's favorite, the Sisti Parm.

The Village is most definitely a great place for both a special night out or a weeknight dinner. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
“Poor Waitress”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

First the food served is very good. My family has eaten there a few times. It is a nice cozy place to eat, but the service is very poor. I blame the management, because they only had one waitress taking care of the entire dining room and although she worked hard to take care of all the customers, she was overwhelmed. The 2 food servicer were useless and not properly trained. This lead to an intolerable wait for our dinner. Our daughter fell asleep at the table before our meal was served. The Village Inn is a nice little place, with very good food, but the service needs to improve.

1 Thank Sam W
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
“ALWAYS an great meal”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently had dinner here with family (four of us) and the food and the service was OUTSTANDING. We eat here fairly often and had never had a bad experience. Heidi was our waitress and she is the BEST!

• Visited November 2013

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!