“A very good Greek restaurant - great gyro's”
Review of Opa

Opa
Ranked #27 of 161 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Greek
Wayne, New Jersey
“A very good Greek restaurant - great gyro's”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been going to Opa since it opened a years back. While the interior layout of the restaurant has changed and the addition of the bar years ago means we can't BYOB anymore, the food is still consistently good. We were a bit disappointed on a busy Friday evening that the beer on tap was not working and many of the bottle beer menu choices we not available. The quality and taste of the food made up for any of these shortcomings. My wife has tried many of the dishes and has never been disappointed. I usually stay with the Gyro. It is my favorite and on of the best bargains around.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ablabl

Lancaster, PA
“Good Greek Food, Great Wine Pirces”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Opa offers good basic Greek food that is well presented and reasonably priced. Most of the wines were priced at $20 per bottle. The selection was very good. Service was fine but the place was not busy.
This restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere that can be noisy depending upon the bar patrons.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tasteful1974
Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

For dine in and take out, I have never had a bad meal here. Although the “new” bar is beautiful, I do admit I miss when this restaurant was a BYO; I would probably dine there more often if it still was. You can’t beat the house salad, Dolmadakia, Gyro and Lamb Kokinisto, just to name a few dishes. In fact, when my family is visiting me, this is usually the requested restaurant of choice!

• Visited April 2013
Bloomingdale, NJ
“Good food, lousy service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food here is indeed good, but I get really tired of fighting off busboys who continue to try removing our plates while we're still eating. It's so irritating that I wouldn't bother returning, since there are other Greek restaurants with food just as good if not better. Also, I prefer BYO.

• Visited March 2013
central jersey
“Food isn't everything”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you were to rate this restaurant on quality of food only, then you would have to give it 4 stars. The food is fresh and delicious. The stuffed peppers are homemade and better than good. So what's the problem. The problem is that the service is downright awful. I have eaten here at least 10 times,and only twice was the service good. The last time I went with 3 other co-workers, we were so disgusted by the wait; a full restaurant with only one waitress that we saw. We left before we could place an order after waiting for 10 minutes for someone to say hello to us. The owner, when he is there, just sits by the bar and does not seem to care what is going on around him. If you engage him in conversation, he will boast to you about the quality of the food, and deservedly so. Unfortunately, my coworkers and I dont think that the poor service is worth the wait, so we will not go back. Amazingly, there is no lambchops on the menu because the owner thinks that the price would be prohibitive to serve; I don't seem to understand that logic, but, it is what it is.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Opa? Share your experiences!