“A burger place should have good burgers!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
mlasser23
“A burger place should have good burgers!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I love burgers and will try all places to get my fix. I had heard of this place for some time and had been excited to try it. The menu looks great with lots of good choices both burgers and other yummy sounding stuff. I went with my wife and a total of 3 kids and we got the slider sampler, a korean burger, ahi tuna burger and skillet mac and cheese. I was shocked when i tried the burgers as they were complete opposite of juicy, so very dry, but there was a little pink so it is not because they were cooked too well done. I thought maybe it was because they were the sliders (by the way at 15.95 for 5 small burgers stay away from this rip off) so I tried my daughter's Korean burger and this too was so dry with no flavor. Having worked as a cook a long time ago I would surmise these patties are made from fresh meat and then frozen and that is why they are so dry. Also, while I do not even eat the lettuce and tomato on a burger, the tomato slice might have been the most unripe one I have ever seen. As for the tuna burger, not good also, this was clearly a frozen piece of fish that might not have have been thawed before cooking, I can only blame myself for this because I realize when you go into a burger place order what they are supposed to do best. As for the skillet mac and cheese I did try a bite and this seemed good. Maybe we just went on an off day as people have said the burgers are good. I wish I took pics so you could see the burgers look nothing like the pics that are posted here. Now all was not bad. I did enjoy their selection of Boylan soda. Also my daughter got a caramel milk shake which might have been the best one I ever tasted. Also, our server was really excellent.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mlasser23

New Jersey
“Burger Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

There were three of us at Burger Deluxe today and we all thought it was great. We had burgers, fries, soup and coffee. The service was very good and the food was delicious. The diner has a very 60's vibe to it and it was fun to hear all of the old music playing in the background, as well. We were so full from lunch that we ended up not having dinner! We'll be back. Wish is was closer!

1 Thank john a
Boonton, New Jersey
“Burger Deluxe is De-lightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was our first visit here and we were pleasantly surprised. We received a menu and coupons in the mail a few days earlier, so I figured we give it a try. Our meals were all quite tasty and the service was very good. The restaurant is a diner that specializes in burgers. So, if you like good diner food, then you should be happy eating here.

2 Thank HOCKPOOH
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
“Good Burger but you pay a price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The service was good and attentive and the Burger tasted good but we noticed the amount of grease soaked through the bun. Both of us paid a heavy price for the next day or so with a need to make sure a bathroom was never too far away. I recommend this place if you are looking to clean out your system and want to pay more money than white castle. This happened to us twice before we decided to throw in the towel.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Andover, New Jersey
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

....and many different types to satisfy all tastes. I've tried the tuna burger, lamb burger, and most of the traditional beef ones. All have been of good quality and true to thier menu discription. Service is young and friendly. Great place for lunch or casual dinner.

Visited June 2012