“served a crowd well”

Chengdu 23
Ranked #7 of 191 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Are you are lover of Chinese Sichuan (Szechuan) Cuisine in Northern New Jersey? Chengdu 23 in Wayne NJ is your restaurant destination for award-winning Hot and Spicy, or Mild Authentic Chinese food. BYOB! We are conveniently located right near the intersections of Route 23, Route 46 and Route 80. And to make it even better we are right next to Willowbrook Mall, AMC Theaters, Costco, and more... so you get to go shopping and relax with a great lunch or dinner before or afterwards. Open Year Round – 7 Days a week. Open on all the holidays. [Coupons cannot be used on holidays.]
Reviewed June 12, 2019

We were a larger group of people (2 tables). We were waited on quite well though getting water for all took quite a while. Most but not all of us ordered the lunch specials so food arrived quickly. I tried some fried dumplings which were quite good. Lunch special came with rice (white or brown), soup (I had hot and sour which was good), and entree (list of about 20). The food arrived hot which was great, again since we were a crowd that was good and ordering the lunch specials the food could be pre-made hence not arrive hot which was not the case. The treat came at the end with chocolate fortune cookies! While the food was good, it wasn't so super that I'd rush back from where I live about 30 min away. The price of $9 for lunch special was quite reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Myself and one of my colleagues came here for lunch one day. One of our mutual friend suggestion that we try this. The food was great came out fast we even had food left over

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love this establishment. they have great quality food with relatively cheap lunch specials it is well worth leaving the mall to get great food. Byob is a plus. Portions are huge we always have left overs

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We've been coming here for years and it never fails to deliver. It's especially great when you have large parties of 10 or more and are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. The round tables are the best for conversation and sharing food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Earlier in the week, I ordered a take-out here-Chicken with snow peas. It wasn't on the menu, but they made it for me. More expensive than the other smaller restaurants in the area, but it was very, very good. They didn't give me any soy sauce; fortunately, I had some at home. The restaurant was quite full, so I guess everyone else enjoys their food, too. Just last night, I had the same meal in a very well-established restaurant (over 40 yrs in the same location) in another town. It wasn't nearly as good.

Date of visit: February 2019
KevinL7252, Owner at Chengdu 23, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Thank you Steven for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. We do our best to accommodate our guest preferences. Apologies regarding not including the soy sauce packets. This will be discussed with our take-out preparation staff.