“Good Thai”

Khao Tip
Ranked #31 of 162 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food was pretty good and the prices are reasonable. We had the Pad Thai for an entrée, you can add Shrimp, Chicken, Beef or Pork. We had spring rolls for an appetizer, four small rolls for $5. I would go again, not bad for NJ.

There are newer reviews for Khao Tip

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Owner is great. Service excellent. If you like thai this is a must try. You will not be disapponted.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Khao Tip a number of times over the past three or so years. We always enjoyed the food and often recommended the restaurant to friends. About a year and a half ago, we had a bad meal and stopped going. We decided to go back tonight and are delighted that we gave Khao Tip another chance! The food was delicious, the presentation of our meal on simple white porcelain plates was delightful, and the service was spot on! Our food came to the table quickly and piping hot, and we thought the cost of everything was reasonable.

We started things off with the Khao Tip sampler platter. It's a meal in itself and features two of everything - spring rolls, shrimp & vegetable tempura, curry puffs, golden bags, and dumplings - with four different dipping sauces. Everything was perfectly prepared and oh-so-yummy!

Our entrees were the green curry chicken (served with jasmine rice) and the Pad Thai with chicken. The chef is happy to adjust the heat of the curry, but we loved it just the way he made it. The chicken and vegetables were tasty and the sauce was perfection. The Pad Thai was equally fresh and delicious.

For dessert we had mangoes and sticky rice - what's not to love?!? Perfectly ripe mango slices alongside warm sticky rice topped with coconut milk and sesame seeds. Yum!

Our servers were polite and attentive and spoke English well. Décor is simple and casual. Seating is at wooden tables and chairs. Everything seems to be very clean, which is always a plus.

We will definitely be going back again soon and wholeheartedly recommend that you try Khao Tip the next time you want some wonderful Thai food!

1  Thank Barbi312
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been driving by this place for the last year during my business day, and finally tied it todat. I get a kick out of the name. They definitely don't tip any cows around here.

The $6.95 Pad Thai with chicken lunch special was very good, but I found the portion a tad small for my taste. I would recommend they increase the price to $7.95 and give you a a healthier portion. A small (very small) salad preceded the meal. It was nothing to write home about: iceberg lettuce, bamboo shoots and carrots, with a very watery ginger dressing. Pedestrian at best.

The atmosphere is clean and inviting, but I could have done without the bad 70's pop music that was playing too loud over the house stereo.

Based upon the main course, I will probably go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is really the best Thai restaurant in the area (now that Dee's is closed). It is a very simple BYO with ordinary decor, but the food is always fresh and delicious and the service competent and accommodating. Our kids always ask for extra peanut sauce with everything and it doesn't faze them at all. I ask for ginger to be added to anything I order and, again, they are quite willing to make these changes. I've been there at least a dozen times and never had a problem of any kind.