“Authentic Neapolitan Cooking”

OR
Ranked #48 of 190 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Amore of Wayne, you'll find Northern New Jersey's finest Italian and Steakhouse dining experience. We offer a variety of choices from all over Italy to please any guest, and we have added our new Steakhouse menu featuring different prime cuts of steak. In addition to our main dining room, you'll find our recently renovated Greenhouse Bar and Grill downstairs. We offer both on-site and off-site catering options to share our cuisine with your family and friends. We now offer the best of both worlds! Enjoy a wine selection from our extensive menu or bring your own favorite bottle to enjoy with your meal with no corking fee.
Reviewed December 6, 2017

When I learned that there was a change in ownership since the time that I had been there, I decided to give Amore of Wayne another try. I am so glad that I did.

We started with the stuffed artichoke as an appetizer. I am usually disappointed because I grew up in a household where my Mother always made the best stuffed artichokes. Don't tell my Mother, but I finally found artichokes that were exactly like her's. They were full of flavor and extremely tender. I then had a veal chop, country style. The veal was a perfectly prepared, high quality chop that just melted in your mouth. I had a pasta side with a red sauce that is now my local favorite. My friend had the pappardelle which was also perfectly prepared. We finished with the tiramisu. Finally, a restaurant that uses the classic tiramisu recipe! Again, perfectly prepared.

The only thing better than the quality of the food was the professional, friendly service. The host, Freddie, could not do enough for us. The fireplace dining room had a warm, comfortable ambiance. I have found a new favorite Italian restaurant and with the generous spacing of the tables, recommend Amore for a private business lunch or a romantic evening. Enjoy!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed November 17, 2017

On this Wednesday night at 6:00 PM I had the whole dining room to myself for the 1st 15 minutes. Ambiiience very nice. The service was very good; the waiter pleasant. I was wondering why the place was so empty. Was it the food? Absolutely not! I had a great meal. Considering the fact that I was the place was practically empty, it too quite a while for each dish to come to the table. I started with a large bowl of stracciatella soup, followed by orecchiette pasta with two large pieces of braciole. The pasta was good; the braciole super delicious. The piece I took home was even tastier the next day. I've eaten here before; the food is consistently good.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Steven L
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Celebrating our 10th anniversary, my husband and I wound up here unplanned on a Friday evening. No wait but dining room was fairly taken up. We had amazing cocktails, the mozzarella burrata special app, chicken campagna, and filet mignon. Everything was delicious and the service was impeccable. Very friendly and family-like welcome. It was also a place of happy memory for us as we first truly met and got to know one another at the Greenhouse Cafe bar downstairs 12 years ago.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Average at best nothing special. Service ok food ok. Orobt not going back. Many other places to revist ot new to try

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Sunday early evening, husband and son and I stopped here for dinner. Had to wait a few minutes for a host or hostess to greet us. Once seated everything was good. Service was exceptional. Found was good. Appetizers we had eggplant rollentini and son had fried calamari. I had pasta dish with mushrooms and cream sauce, husband had gnocchi and our son had Bolognese. We passed on dessert, full from dinner. I would go back

Date of visit: September 2016