“Years of consistently great food”
Review of Aldo's Cucina

Aldo's Cucina
Ranked #15 of 162 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Have been going to Aldo's for years and am always happy with the selection and preparation of his dishes. His specials are usually just that, quite special and I do recommend trying them (usually seasonal and always fresh). The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly with a wait staff that makes you feel comfortable. BYOB is the icing on the cake for me.

From the classic dishes to eclectic specials, you will not be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Aldo's Cucina

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Three of my friends and I try to hit a different BYOB place each month, and last night we tried Aldo's. A coworker and my sister had both eaten there and raved. I was not disappointed. The dining room is much larger than it appears from outside the restaurant. It also seems that they prefer if you make a reservation, although we didn't need on on a Thursday night. We started with their mussels served in a brown butter sauce and were surprised they offered pizza rustica as an appetizer. Both were superb. Then fava bean soup- also very good. I had one of thweir specialties, chicken rollatini, which also hit the mark. We passed on dessert because we were all full, but did have coffee. The bill, with a 20% tip, was exactly $40 each, more than reasonable for what we had. The service was very good- attentive but not intrusive- although we had to ask for bread. I'll definitely be back

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went to this restaurant for the 2nd time. At my first visit I had the veal parmesan and it was the best I ever had in my life. I returned a year later and it was just average. I don't know if they change the recipe or the cook or wathever but I was disappointed as I looked forward to this meal... My in-laws live in the area and they love this place. The specials of the day are different for each visit and they appreciate it.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first time at Aldo's, a girls night out with my friend and our mom's. The service was good but I was very confused... first a snotty guy (who I thought was our waiter) came to the table and recited the specials. His pronunciation of the Italian dishes was pompous and I could tell he was talking down to us. For the rest of the evening we were served by 3 different waiters/busboys. They were good, fast and polite. I just don't understand why each table should have 4 servers/attendants. The food was excellent. They even made eggplant parmigiana for my mother and it's not even on the menu. We got there early but after an hour the place was packed and loud. I don't necessarily think it was the amount of people, I think it's the acoustics and design of the restaurant. Even though we loved the food, we couldn't wait to leave to have our conversation outside. i would not rush back to Aldo's.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to dinner with a very dear friend and was very impressed that a restaurant was still as good as I remembered five years ago before moving to South Carolina.