“Always left with a GREAT taste in my mouth”

Jyoti Indian Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 167 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food always good. Family owned and welcome you as such. I know where I'm going when I'm in the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Craving Indian food and I had not been here in a while. Ordered takeout, chicken tikka masala and lamb korma, with naan bread. The food was flavorful, the portions were generous. Medium spicy is perfect for me and did not destroy my taste buds. The lamb was very good and I would definitely go back. They do close for a few hours during the day and they would not even take my order for takeout until they reopened, and yes I did speak to a person who just said we are closed now. This was 20 minutes before they were set to reopen, a little annoying.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

overall the food is ok. to be honest there is better in NJ but not in the immediate area. food did have good flavors and was decent but not perfect. the service is very slow. good people but slow.

1  Thank rishir
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I really wanted to try Indian cuisine and this did not fail. The service is very good and attentive, but the pricing is a bit high. If they brought it down just a bit, I would have rated them 5 stars.

I went out on a limb and wanted to try the Goat Curry. As I never have full blown Indian before, I asked for mild. I would only recommend this if you don't want ANY spice. There was flavor, but no spice kind of made it boring. The goat was super tender and tasted close to lamb.

My wife had the Tandoori Chicken. Full of nice flavor, not spicy, but it was just a little dry. It came out on one of those "sizzling" dishes which I didn't think was very necessary.

My buddy had the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was amazing. He ordered it however they made it (not mild) and it was a very nice amount of heat. Not too much to overpower, but enough to make you feel it.

They served plenty of flavor infused rice which is always a great plus. We will be back and I'm looking forward to trying other dishes.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had lunch once, which was a buffet. The cost is very low, but the food is very nice.

Similarly, for dinner they have a la carte.

Overall nice experience.
Can go again for light food.

One should try the Mango lassi and Dahi Bala.

Been to Jyoti Indian Restaurant? Share your experiences!