“Really great flavors and attentive service.”

Jyoti Indian Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 168 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I really wanted to try Indian cuisine and this did not fail. The service is very good and attentive, but the pricing is a bit high. If they brought it down just a bit, I would have rated them 5 stars.

I went out on a limb and wanted to try the Goat Curry. As I never have full blown Indian before, I asked for mild. I would only recommend this if you don't want ANY spice. There was flavor, but no spice kind of made it boring. The goat was super tender and tasted close to lamb.

My wife had the Tandoori Chicken. Full of nice flavor, not spicy, but it was just a little dry. It came out on one of those "sizzling" dishes which I didn't think was very necessary.

My buddy had the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was amazing. He ordered it however they made it (not mild) and it was a very nice amount of heat. Not too much to overpower, but enough to make you feel it.

They served plenty of flavor infused rice which is always a great plus. We will be back and I'm looking forward to trying other dishes.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had lunch once, which was a buffet. The cost is very low, but the food is very nice.

Similarly, for dinner they have a la carte.

Overall nice experience.
Can go again for light food.

One should try the Mango lassi and Dahi Bala.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We have had Indian food all over the Western world and this smartly furnished stripmall space in Wayne on the Fairfield border really hits the spot as being near the top. The lamb tikka masala especially was tender and flavorful while not too hot. Each of the dishes ordered by our party of 4 was well spiced and flavorful. The breads were fine and the condiments were first rate. All in all, this was a very enjoyable meal. Good but not great service.

2  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I enjoy Indian food, but I have had some difficulty lately getting good quality.
Jyoti has a diverse menu of popular favorites but I found the food to be just ok.
They do offer a luncheon buffet which is a good introduction to the flavors of India.
Tandori Chicken is a popular favorite but theirs was hard and dry. The curry chicken in comparison was good.

Been to Jyoti Indian Restaurant? Share your experiences!