“Worth a try”

McCobb's Family Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 166 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Better then fast food but still casual dining. Good burgers, hot dogs, fries and chili. The shakes are awesome. Clean and consistent. Worth trying!!!

1  Thank lolagee

Reviewed February 21, 2013

McCobb's has one of the best burgers in NJ. Although their food isn't exactly cheap (which you may expect since the restaurant is order-at-the-counter and seat yourself in a booth) it is well worth the price. The pumpkin ice cream is to die for!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I first visited McCobb's in 1976 while visiting my then fiancee's family. I loved their hot dogs with McCobb's sauce. I don't know what they do to prepare them, but they taste wonderful. Yes, you do pay more than you would for a WalMart hot dog, but the quality is so much better. We only get back to NJ about once every two years or so, but McCobb's restaurant is always a favorite stop. My mother-in-law will sometimes bring us a jar of their sauce as a gift. The sauce is great, but we've never been able to reproduce the taste of their food. All of our kids have fond memories of visiting this restaurant, and we will continue to go back as often as we can.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

McCobb's has been a family restaurant institution on Hamburg Turnpike in Wayne, NJ for decades, and for all that time, it's been grossly overpriced, but never as bad as it is now. A large order of french fries is $8.95! Are they kidding? No, they're not. A hotdog is $3.25. That's appalling. A plain hamburger is $6.25 with nothing else. RIPOFF! The owners have tried to create some kind of mystique about the place. Mystique? Sorry, I don't buy it.

The food is decent, and that's not the issue here. It's the ridiculous prices that will prevent me from ever earting there again. Stay away from this place. You have other option for good food in the area that are sensibly priced.

3  Thank DrumBob
Reviewed July 15, 2012

McCobbs has been around a long time and their dogs and ice cream are really good. However, it shouldn't take 20 - 30 minutes for them to fullfill a simple "fast food" order. We have been there twice recently and both times the staff was untrained and very challenged. I am not sure how they survive given the competition in the area. Its the closest ice cream place to our home, but we always drive a few extra minutes to Pompton Lakes for better service. McCobbs also is very pricey for the type of food it serves. I was between 2 stars and 3 stars, but the food is good, if time, money and patience with staff are no issue.

2  Thank NewJerseyD

Been to McCobb's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!