“Very good neighborhood Italian”
Review of Positano

Positano
Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Have had pleasant dining experiences every time. Good food and service.

There are newer reviews for Positano

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Italian food is excellent, consistently fresh and delicious. The soups are always hearty and fresh. Love their fish specials, chicken dishes, veal, and the many of their different salads. So many varieties of pizzas to choice from, however, my favorite is the very thin crust with fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Not a pasta fan, but all my friends and family love it. Appetizers are also a great choice; eggplant with tomatoes and mozzarella, mussels, calamari, eggplant rollatini, the list goes on and on. Another great feature it is a BYBO.
I have been going here for years and usually eat here once a week. I call it my second kitchen. The owners Steve, Loraine and their sons Joey and Steve are wonderful hosts. Gus our favorite server is terrific as well as the rest of the staff is very attentive and they all make you feel welcomed.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great food at a reasonable price. Relaxed atmosphere. Go early to enjoy your meals because it is a popular restaurant. Appetizers to pizzas to entrees. I have never had a meal that I was unhappy.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had to pick up a nice dinner for out of town guests and was directed
to Positano. When I got there it was packed, and everyone seemed to know
the owners, chefs and servers. I ordered different pasta dishes and spinach
and pizza and Chicken parm. All delicious!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is the second time that I have eaten at Positanos. Visited once a few years ago and didn't think it was anything "special" but several people since have told me how much they like it. We decided to give it another try. It a pretty place, but the service was terrible. Would barely give that 2 stars and the food was average. My one son tried the pizza and the crust was undercooked and doughy. There are far better restaurants in and around Wayne that are also a much better value.

Been to Positano? Share your experiences!