“I thought I had to go to NYC for steak this good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wayne Steak House

Wayne Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayne Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 154 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westview Dr.
Description: We invite you to the Wayne Steakhouse to enjoy a classic steakhouse experience rivaled by no other. Former waiter Tony Prelvukaj and cook Tomazs Pogorzelski from Peter Luger's welcome you to experience their take on a classic steakhouse. Offering the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks seared to perfection, only the freshest of seafood, mouth-watering side dishes created to enhance the flavors of your cuisine, along with exquisite desserts topped with homemade schlage whipped cream and coffees to conclude your experience. Tony has brought #1 Steak dining from NY to NJ. Wayne Steakhouse is the first and the only steakhouse in the country that offers free uncorking while you enjoy the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks!
“I thought I had to go to NYC for steak this good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Amazing cuts of meat, fresh oysters, fried onions...do I really need to say more. Despite a weird location, it's next to a pizza parlor and under a pool hall, the food at this place is top notch. Oysters are as fresh as you can get in the winter. Bufala mozzarella was creamy and reminded me of some of the better ones we had in Italy. The bone in rib eye was packed with flavor and was still tender when cooked mr. The porterhouse was cooked perfectly. The complimentary fried onions were a nice touch. Of corse there isn't a better way to finish a heavy dinner than with mounds of fresh whipped cream. I will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank PeterSNJ

nj
“Is it better than Tuscany room?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

When this place was the Tuscany room it left a lot to be desired. Tired pasta and poor quality ingredients that advertised it was like being in Tuscany. Really?

Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“This is the steak I always dreamed existed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love steak, but this place has absolutely ruined me for eating steak anywhere else. The story as I've heard it is that it was one or a couple of former Peter Luger employees who took the concept and went solo. I can't even begin to describe their 28 day aged steak for 2 just that it is as close to a food orgasm as you can get. It's also BYOB making it far less painful than the NYC variation. Seriously, I won't eat steak anywhere else ever again . . .

• Visited July 2012
mahwah
“All You Need & Want”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is our second time at this restaurant. Last night, we went to dinner with two of our friends.
Three of us ordered the rib-eye with bone in. They came out absolutely delicious! We ordered the Canadian bacon appetizer, mashed potatoes, German potatoes, sauteed broccoli and everything exceeded our expectations. In fact, the food tasted better this time than last!!!!
BTW- My husband said the Canadian bacon was a meal in itself. He LOVED it.

From the moment we walked in we knew were in a comfortable setting. We were immediately greeted by a man with a salt and pepper crew. Despite this man taking a reservation for a George Bush party he still smiled and acknowledged us immediately. He also waited on us for our main courses. He was a very nice fellow and knew what he was doing. We overheard him say he has been in Tenafly, Englewood etc... definitely this place has selected experienced staff! We even saw a much older gentleman setting the tables. This old man combed our linen cloth clean after our meal and we all chuckled about how adorable he is!

For dessert we ordered the chocolate mousse cake and pecan pie. OMG both were out of this world. Then to top our foodie experience off the staff brought us out complimentary strawberries and whipped cream. What a nice touch.

Our party of four was sat in a corner and they waited on us hand and foot between 6:30-10:30 pm. Never once did they make us feel we needed to settle our bill or turn the table over. This is a place for friends to get together to eat good and enjoy being waited on. Best of all because it is a BYO it really kept our bill down. Despite 4 steaks, canadian bacon appetizers, 3 sides and two desserts we only paid $280 including tax and tip!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Riding on Luger's coat tails but misses the mark”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Let me preface this review by disclosing I've been to Peter Luger's, Wolfgang's, Roots, Ruth's Chris, Striphouse, Old Homestead, etc. I think I know what a good steakhouse experience is like.

Regarding Wayne Steakhouse, I was prepared for the strange location, lackluster decor, and creepy wait staff. I was willing to overlook all that if the food delivered on it's promise of being Luger-esque. I was really looking forward to dry aged porterhouse. Unfortunately, my meal (with my better half) was a $170 disappointment. I ordered all the steakhouse staples. I started with tomato and onion salad. It was sliced way to thicker and the tomato wad not that ripe/tender. The imation Luger Sauce was just cocktail sauce in a gravy boat...not the same and couldn't save the salad. The salad that comes with the steak...why bother?

On to the main course. We ordered the steak for two, german potatoes and creamed spinach. The food came out and looked legit. However, from the first bite I knew I had been taken for a sucker. The steak did not have the same texture or minerally flavor I was expecting. The outer crust was not robust enough. There was fat and sinew in the steak that should have been broken down during the aging process. The steak was better than your typical chain place, but nowhere near good enough to charge $90! The fried onions are included with the steak...when your steak stinks who cares?

On to the sides...these were just bad. The potatoes were burnt on the outside and grainy on the inside. They had no flavor or taste to them. The spinach tasted like it came out if a can or frozen package. No cream, no butter or cheese, tasteless.

The highlight of the meal was the German chocolate coconut cake with schlag. This was hood because it came from somewhere else!

To sum up, this place is capitalizing on Peter Luger's name and reputation. I was told the chef worked at Luger for 17 years. That may be, but he can't pull it off solo. I think positive reviews come from people who have never been to the original place, or forgot the experience. It's not good for the money, or good period. It's just an expensive wannabe.

Skip it and go to Ruth's if you don't want to drive to the city.

Been to Wayne Steak House? Share your experiences!