“For food alone this is 5 star”
Review of Wayne Steak House

Wayne Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayne Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 155 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westview Dr.
Description: We invite you to the Wayne Steakhouse to enjoy a classic steakhouse experience rivaled by no other. Former waiter Tony Prelvukaj and cook Tomazs Pogorzelski from Peter Luger's welcome you to experience their take on a classic steakhouse. Offering the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks seared to perfection, only the freshest of seafood, mouth-watering side dishes created to enhance the flavors of your cuisine, along with exquisite desserts topped with homemade schlage whipped cream and coffees to conclude your experience. Tony has brought #1 Steak dining from NY to NJ. Wayne Steakhouse is the first and the only steakhouse in the country that offers free uncorking while you enjoy the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“For food alone this is 5 star”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, This is NOT a highly priced restaurant. They are serving A grade meat and cooking it well. That stuff is EXPENSIVE so if you want steak for 20 bucks stay away.
This is truly a high end steakhouse without the refinement that you come to expect, but when you strip that away, the food is simply fantastic...
Bad stuff. patchy service, doesnt look good, difficult to find, no parking, starters not brought together, pretty slow
Good stuff. Meat stunning, appetisers delicious, sides great, good portions, cooked to order, BYOB, friendly place, Tuesday night at 8pm the place is full to the rafters...
Overall 5/5. because I dont come to a high end steakhouse to worry about the tablecloth and whether the decor is up to scratch. I come to eat steak. and apart from making the trip to Keens/PL/Delfresco this is as good as it gets!

Pompton Lakes, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too expensive”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Found hair in the food....eww! Service was okay. Very very expensive. Not worth the prices.

Visited May 2012
West Milford, New Jersey
“Great steak but apps and sides need help”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I have dined at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. I can't remember if I loved their steak but the bacon appetizer was to die for. When Wayne Steak House opened up and flaunted its ties to PL's, we had to give it a whirl. I thoroughly enjoyed the "steak for two," the canadian bacon appetizer (although it was a bit fatty), the onion bread rolls, and the fact that they are, for now at least, a BYOB restaurant. I noticed a bar in the back of the restaurant, and I'm not sure if they're waiting on their liquor license or what. What I didn't care for was the bland fried calamari appetizer and the creamed spinach side dish that needed lots of salt. The service was so-so. We had to ask for the check, which I know is customary when traveling throughout Europe, but didn't think that was necessary in NJ. The ambiance leaves much to be desired. There's a mural of a steer on the wall that looks like it was drawn by a fifth grader. I wish they had gone for a more steak house vibe on the inside. Considering the prices, they could've put a bit more into the decor so that people felt like they were getting something for their money.

• Visited April 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
“Beef preparation is top notch....that's where it ends.”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We've been to plenty of high end chain steak houses, but decided to patronize a small local business. The beef was prepared perfectly and the creamed spinach is made w/o cream and it was great. Skip the hash browns...weren't really good.

At this level and pricing to match, I have certain expectations on quality of food and service. Our waiter was pleasant and food brought out promptly. We experienced age based level of service. We are a very young looking couple, but with the plenty of life experience and financial security to visit an expensive steak house. All of the other tables with more mature looking guests received better and more attentive service.

For example, a sizable piece of lettuce remained in front of my fiancee during the entire meal. That should have been removed by the staff immediately. When the server brought the dessert tray, he just laid it on the table and I had to ask him to explain the selection. He spoke at me, not to me. It seemed that we were not a priority and he had to ensure the other guests were being taken care of. A final bill with gratuity of $213 for two commands better service.

I sent an email to whom I presume is the owner and let's see if he even responds. It's really too bad a small local place can't give better service than what I receive at a high end CHAIN steakhouse. Suffice to say, we'll never return and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“Brooklyn in Wayne”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had the most enjoyable evening with the finest food and two BYOB bottles of Red that we upgraded since it was bring your own and Saved a few shingles.

The Steak for three was divine and the cowboy rib was mouth watering!

All I can say is the bread is addictive and will leave you no room for the dinner so skip it and take it home.

Had a Cold Lobster Cocktail 3LB Excellent and out of the shell.

Will be back and report back but worth the money worth the trip and be hungry eat slowly savor the Porter House done right!

• Visited January 2012