“The Hibachi is always delicious & fun.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Umi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #60 of 157 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Wayne, New Jersey
“The Hibachi is always delicious & fun.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is our son's favorite restaurant. He'd go once a week if we could afford it. Always fresh, and tasty. one of our favorites. Very clean & new decor, much cleaner than Izumi on Rt 23 which is old & dirty looking.

Visited November 2012

Wayne, New Jersey
“Best sushi and hibachi around!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have been to Umi numerous times with the family and with friends. Each time the food has been outstanding!! The umi roll, monkey roll, fire in the hall roll and paradise roll are all amazing!! The hibachi is also fantastic!! I have been to other hibachi places, but this by far is the best tasting!! The food is very fresh.
The service is good, the waitresses can be hard to understand, but have always been courteous. I would definetly recommend Umi.

WAYNE, NJ
“One of the best in town”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very good Japanese food. Rolls are delicious and habachi is done well.

• Visited March 2012
Denver
“Don't do delivery”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Don't order delivery! They forgot to send salad dressing. I called and was told it would be delivered. I called back 1.5 hours and was told that they were too busy to deliver my dressing. I was told to eat it plain and they would send me extra dressing the next time. Huh?? I then asked them to take the salads off my bill but was told they would need to come get the salads Huh??? Then I waited over 15 min to speak to the manager. Unbelievable!!!!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank lmak777
Wayne
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have driven past this restaurant countless times, I thought it was an open pit Beni Hana place that makes your whole body smell like grease. Stopped in for lunch with a friend and was pleasantly surprised. Warm clean pleasing decor. The lunch menu is a value. For $9 we ordered the bento box. I had steak, she had shrimp. Lovely skirt steak not over cooked in a lift sauce, the shrimp were large and clean. Came with soup or salad, California roll, 2 delicious dumplings, a bowl of sticky rice and sliced oranges in a lacquer box. All was delicious and ther service attentive with free drink refills! Well worth it.

Been to Umi Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!