“Great Start, Bad Ending”

Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet
Ranked #11 of 22 Restaurants in Watchung
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been here several times since it has opened and have had some good experiences and not so good one's. The food is good and they have plenty of selection but the service is going downhill. My last two visit's were rushed by the staff and we were treated rudely. I arrived on the later side of the evening( They close at 10pm, We arrived at 9pm) At 9:45 our watress comes to the table with the check and tell's us we have to pay now and stand's by the table waiting for us to get my wallet out and pay the tab. Not a "thank you" or "Sorry" Just grabs the cash and returns with my change. Talk about rude. I've never had this happen at any restaurant regardless of what time it was. I understand they want to close for the evening, clean and go home but have a little respect for the customers who keep your buisness going. If they close at 10pm, they should not allow anyone in the door after 9pm if they want to rush home. I will return but I advise to go before 8:00pm.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the second time that I visited the place and this time with a friend. We had to wait for 30 minutes for Saturday dinner hour, but I guess that is something that cannot be avoided. They do turn the table fast though. My rating was actually based on the price paid and the food that you get.

First of all, the variety was good and the food was fresh. They were so busy that the food kept running out and new, freshly made food are served in a short time frame. I understand that 'healthy' choice is not the first thing that comes to the mind when one goes to a buffet, but I do keep that in my mind. What I love is the variety -- you get to have a little of this and a little of that. I want to be able to have some healthy food while having indulgence on things that I normally would not order. I find their healthy choice to be very limited and I hope that they can work on that.

For Saturday night dinner, we paid $10.99 per person. It's worthwhile. I will visit again and I will also recommend this place to my friends. Oh, this is not the place that you go for a date, with all the children getting their sugar high running around. This is more of a family place.

1  Thank BHUANG69
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am not in favor of buffets. I have found them to be unkempt, with questionable sanitary conditions. However, I must write that I was pleasantly pleased with this buffet. The staff was constantly in motion cleaning and wiping down and replenishing the multitude of food items offered. I will return!

1  Thank worldtravelier
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found the buffet at this location to be dirty and gross just as the old country buffet that was there before it. I would advise to go to the location in South Plainfield. It is cleaner and they offer double the types of sushi. Same price as the one in Watchung.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went for dinner tonight after spending the day at bow craft, food was very good , wide selection of food and fresh sushi. The hibachi area was great and the chefs accepted special requests despite the crowd. The price and value could not be beat, although no crab is on the buffet adults 10.99 weekends 9.99 weekdays plus drinks . There is a variety of fresh ice cream , fruits and even a chocolate fountain . Will definitely return!