“Best Kept Secret in Warren County...”
Review of Russo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Russo's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great Value as its a BYOB, and the Grouper Francaise is to die for. Friendly service and great specials as well. Nothing fancy just good food consistently.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Small, in town byob with a nice menu. Not much personality and ambiance. Other comments: 'old' music too loud, no specials page insert in menu, coffee weak, no sides included nor salads with entrees. Waitress wasn't friendly...and even corrected my husband's pronunciation when he ordered. Won't be rushing back anytime soon for the experience but food was good.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I live in a restaurant desert, good restaurants in Warren County, NJ are few and far between. If I travel east or west 30-45 minutes there are many great restaurants, but close to home it is pretty bleak. The one exception is Russo's which is an small Italian eatery, that specializes in more regional Italian cooking, rather than the (to my tastes) the boring american-Italian cuisine so over represented in NJ. The cooking here is simple, focused on the great strength of Italian food, fresh ingredients
and careful preparation. Over the years I have had some wonderful soft shelled crabs (seasonal), Chicken Arrabiata, fresh fish and pastas.
I truly appreciate the chef (Rick) bringing something worth eating to the neighborhood.

1  Thank daanddo
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cozy atmosphere, consistently great food, efficient service and friendliness of Chef Rick and wait staff

Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife and I have been to this restaurant three times in the last 12-18 months, twice on date night and once with our two daughters (toddlers). I think the service is actually pretty decent. They had one server with a busser/food runner when we ate there. No complaints on getting drinks refilled or any problems with our orders. The entrees are excellent. I had a steak diana (diane?) that was awesome. I also recall my daughters loving the soups they had. The only drawback is that I find some of their prices to be a bit high, but I also tend to go for steak and seafood when I go out to eat. I don't mind paying a bit more if the food is really good, and think that's been the case when we've gone to this place. If you are looking for somewhere to eat in town, it's either Russo's or Mediterranean Bistro (also very good and also overpriced). If you have kids, Enzo's is a decent family place, not as nice as the other two, but better priced. Otherwise, you have to head to Clinton or somewhere else out of town...