“Maybe time for a makeover?”

Somerset Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warren
Philadelphia, PA
“Maybe time for a makeover?”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel on business. I made reservations online. Check in and check out were a breeze. Those were the only contacts I had with staff and had no problems there.

The room itself was clean and nice. The furniture seemed a little old, but aside from a few scuffs and scratches, was fine for my needs. I was particularly surprised by the TV, which looked like it was from the 1980's. It was rather small, maybe a 17" screen. The selection of channels was disappointing as well (no Comedy Central). Internet wifi was free and worked well though. The room was little more than a bed and a desk, no fridge or microwave.

I did not eat at the hotel or use many other amenities, so I cannot speak to that. There were also not many restaurants nearby unless you drove a few miles.

As with just about all hotels within an hour of NYC, it is a little pricier than you would expect to pay for a similar room in most of the rest of the country, but it seemed in line with what I have come to expect in the area.

Bottom line: it is a nice place to stay. However, if you are like me and tend to want to lie in the room and watch TV in the evening, a new flat screen would be a big plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Good day to you and thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business. Please accept our apologies for the television in your room. All our Televisions have been changed to 32" flat screens for quite some time. This particular day the Television in this room was in need of repair and was replaced with an older model as it was not returned from the service company by days end. We do have multiple spares and unfortunately this particular day all were in use; again please accept our sincerest of apologies. We have since returned the original Television to its rightful place. Thank you again for staying with us and writing this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I just stayed at the Somerset Hills for 9 days while on business. The efficiency room I had was perfect and enormous. The staff was very friendly and looked for opportunities to be helpful. I feel like I have a personal relationship with Sheri, Robert and Hector. The food in the Tap Room is great as well.

I look forward to returning there often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Good day to you and thank you for allowing us to host you while here in to the Warren NJ area! We truly appreciate your business and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay! Here at The Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ, it is our goal to make every guest comfortable and feel right at home. There should only be two difficult things that our guests face: What time is happy hour and what time to get out of our comfortable beds in the morning. It warms our hearts to see that we were able to make your stay so special. We think very highly of Sheri, Robert, and Hector as well but to hear it from our guests is simply FABULOUS! Thank you again for staying with us and writing this review; HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN REAL SOON! Kindest regards on behalf of myself, the staff, and the management of the Somerset Hills Hotel.
Bridgewater
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is a hidden treasure. It's a great location and the hotel is the perfect place for any event. I have done meetings here and recently had a sweet 16. The food is better than all the hotels I have planned events at and I have planned many all over the state. The staff if friendly,efficient and makes you feel welcome. The caterng manager, Erica Terracciano is excellent to help plan the event and does everything she promises. After planning and attending many events and meetings throughout the state, this is my favorite place with great food and a superior staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bananer
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
On behalf of the management, staff, myself, and of course Erica thank you so much for your kind words! Here at The Somerset Hills Hotel it is our goal to make every guest comfortable and feel right at home; may that be in our Tap Room for dinner; or a celebration in our ballroom, a corporate meeting, or if it is just to spend the night and get away from it all! We know that there are many options available for our guests to choose from so when we are privileged to have the opportunity to be hoteliers it is truly an honor we do not take for granted! Thank you again for your comments and for SHARING your thoughts and feelings WITH US! Hope to see you again real soon, Regards, Andy
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

First time I have been back to this hotel since 1995 and I wasn't disappointed... Friendly staff, clean and pleasant room, good guy on the front desk and very pleased that the breakfast team remembered my preference for tea each morning without being asked!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rjmackintosh
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write this review! We truly appreciate your business and hope that we can continue to be your hotel of choice whenever you are in the Warren NJ area. The Front Desk team wants everyone to feel at home as soon as they enter our doors. We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home!” Hope to see you soon, Andy
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Somerset Hills Hotel staff has always provided excellent service. Very warm and friendly people who go out of their way to be helpful. Now the Tap Room has a great new menu. And still at a good price level versus area restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EdJW4
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting the Tap Room located in the Somerset Hills Hotels in Warren, NJ! We have spent over 12 years developing and managing a Micro and International beer menu that is known the world over! Our Restaurant and beer menu is constantly being changed to reflect all that is new and of course all that are the old and hard to find favorites! Look for our updates on Face book! Thanks again and we hope to see you again real soon!
High Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Prior to my recent stay, I had been at the Somerset Hills Hotel once about 10 years ago. I understand it's under new management. The room was okay, but there were issues with not having enough non smoking rooms available. Also the internet connection was spotty. Where the front desk staff was pleasant and helpful (special nod to Robert who was not only courteous, but gave great advice for a nearby, ethnic restaurant). Erica was helpful as well. I was not too impressed with how management handled a couple of issues. In reading other reviews, it seems management is making a lot of excuses for their shortfalls. Hope things turn around for them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The review was less than stellar and I would appreciate more information if at all possible.10% of our rooms are smoking rooms and we did experience an intermittent issue with our internet for a couple/three days recently and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused. I can be reached by email or phone; both of which are available by calling 908.647.6700. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies and I hope to hear from you personally. Thank you, Andy

Travelers are raving about these Warren hotels

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was good for the stay, but there wasn't much else to speak of with regards to the accommodations. The rooms were comfortable and well decorated, but the heating systems were a little difficult. I was not able to regulate the thermostat (room was too warm) and upon calling the front desk, was informed that the hotel regulates all rooms.

The price was a little pricey for just a one night stay, but not too bad. Despite the B-level rooms, the food at the restaurant downstairs was very nice and hotel is conveniently located by Route 78. Definitely a nice place to stop and rest if you don't mind spending a little more on a nice night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review The Somerset Hills Hotel. We realize there are many options and when privileged to be the hotel of choice we are truly grateful. We recently installed a new energy management system in our rooms and we have had some challenges; we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home”! Thank you again for staying with us at The Somerset Hills Hotel and we hope we are fortunate to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Courtyard Basking Ridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg

Been to Somerset Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!