“Good food, outdoor seating”
Review of Rolf's

Rolf's
Ranked #44 of 57 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Mom had a craving for German food, so we headed over to Rolf's. We chose the outdoor seating this time, as I recall the dining rooms as being very dark, and out of the way for good service. Service was good. Mom had bratwurst sandwich with German potato salad and appetizer of Kartoffelnpuffer (potato pancakes). The pancakes were very good, with a cinnamon apple sauce and sour cream. I had the Rueben sandwich, also good, better in some respects than the versions available at local diners and delis. We had a slight problem with desserts. First choice, tiramisu, they were out of. Second choice, the crumb cake with raspberry puree, sorry no raspberry puree. Third choice, cheesecake, was edible, though not the best I've ever had. Will probably return next time Mom craves the German food.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have been here several times, most recently last night. Stopped by with my son during a motorcycle ride. Had a beer and fabulous pulled pork quesadilla on the outdoor patio. A live band was playing inside and sounded great, even from the patio. This restaurant has a very pleasant atmosphere and quick, friendly service and excellent food. Prices very reasonable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ChiefRQ
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The restaurant has basically two seating areas, one by the bar and one on the other side of the main entrance. I chose the bar area thinking it would be quicker and easier to get served as a party of one. Well I was mistaken. Walked into the seating area and sat down at one of the booths. The tables were empty but the bar was full. Sat there trying to look anxious but apparently nobody cared. After sitting there about 5 minutes, I stood up and started walking out and then someone finally asked if I could be helped. He brought me a menu and as I was reviewing it finally a server came up and said she'd be right with me. After a couple of minutes she came back and asked if I wanted something from the bar. Having ordered a wine I turned back to the menu which basically had typical bar food except for the entrees which were limited but interesting. I order the Lobster Ravioli and 5 minutes later the server came back to announce they ran out of lobster. Ordered a burger with fires and slaw figuring it would be quick and always in stock. After quite a while, the burger came out minus the slaw. Now if that was the only thing wrong with the service I would have overlooked it but the long waits, the lack of personality and care with the server (and her loud and constantly noisy heels echoing from the hard wood floors) it was not a pleasurable experience. To top it off they volumed up the stereo right over my head and so to top it off I had a not so relaxing time.

The burger was just OK, the fries were pretty nice, and the prices were reasonable. However, my advice is unless you're a local (they seem to have a dedicated local crowd) or unless you're really starving there are better places around that might appreciate your business more.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Rolf's for lunch because they offer German food. At lunch, some meals have an option of a lunch portion or a dinner portion. I can't imagine what the dinner portion is like because the lunch portion of sauerbraten was very generous. It was tasty, and the meat was tender. They serve it with spaetzl instead of potato pancakes, but you can get potato pancakes as a side or as an appetizer, which is what we did. They were delicious.

There is also an extensive "regular" menu, but with German restaurants being so scarce, we didn't try anything on that menu. Maybe on our next visit, because we will go back.

Service was prompt and friendly. The beer list is good. A good place for a tasty meal in a casual setting.

1  Thank Kathy49NJ
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a disappointing place- took a while to get served-- there were eight people in the place- 3 at the bar, 3 at a a table and my daughter and me. Noone came to ask for our order for about 10 minutes though the bartender did acknowledge us and told us someone would be right over. Then the fellow came to ask for our drink order; got water. Brought that and took our burger order. Almost 30 minutes later-no burger-no waiter-no interest from the bartender. We left. The hostess asked us why, offered to send over the manager but we walked out. Never again. What a waste.

Been to Rolf's? Share your experiences!