“Lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
New Jersey
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wonderful Service. Very pleasant and attentive staff. They make a great burger, also had the hot dog, delicious with great topping. Although food is great, pricing is a little steep, for a hot dog.

Visited March 2014

Warren, New Jersey
“Granulated sugar on your sweet potato fries, Yuck!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My son picked out burgers and sweet potato fries from the menu above the counter (which is the same as the online menu) for the family. What we were unaware of was that put a large amount of GRANULSATED SUGAR over their sweet potato fries. When I phoned John and said patrons should be warned because this could be a serious problem for diabetics and young children, he responded by saying, " WELL THEY SHOULDN"T BE EATING SWEET POTATOES ANYWAY ! " Makes me seriously question the preparation of their food. Maybe "5" second rule applies here and what about handling raw chicken. Maybe John doesn't think we should be eating that either.John as a manger and representative of company was very rude and lacked any proper business experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Foodwisegirl
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Not worth the money!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've eaten at the little shanty a couple times and each time i think.. ugh why did i just pay to eat this. They are never consistent in the quality of their food. They use to have these really yummy buttery brioche buns, now they have supermarket martin buns. So disapointing!! My fries that day were cold, greasy and limp! Even the soda was bad and after waiting for about 10minutes for the staff to fix the machine, i just wished i had not gone in and ordered. I think i could of made a better burger at home! I wont be going back. Surf and turf is a better value and always like i remember.. good!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank yaritzac5
Florida
“Is going downhill”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

When this little restaurant opened, I went a few times. The food was really good. The lettuce was crispy, the tomato juicy and a deep red color, the fries delish. I went last week and was so disappointed. The lettuce was limp, the tomato was such a tiny slice that was green and dry. The fries were so greasy and luke warm, not hot, that I couldn't eat them.

I'm not sure what happened but I really hope the food quality goes back to where it started because it was really, really good.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank pickytravelerFlorida
jonlidz, Owner at Little Shanty, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Little Shanty. I can't tell you how valuable your feedback is to us. I'm terribly sorry that you had a bad experience at our store.
Our first cornerstone principle is to delight every guest who visits Little Shanty and it's clear that we fell short with you and your family. There's no excuse for it. We just blew it.

I can't sleep at night when I read reviews like this and I assure you that we are taking every step possible to assure you that every visit to Little Shanty is a great experience.

We thank you for your continued support and hope that we'll have the opportunity to earn your business back.

Best regards,

Jon Lidz
ceo & founder
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“worth a trip!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I went due to restaurant.com, making a $7.50 cheeseburger less than a Big Mac, and immeasurably better! Fresh made to order, the bun was to die for. Next time I'll try the fries!

Visited January 2014
jonlidz, Owner at Little Shanty, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Little Shanty. Your feedback is an incredibly valuable tool for us as we seek to improve what we do here every single day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Little Shanty in the near future.

Best regards,