“Overpriced, Burned and Greasy!”
Review of Little Shanty - CLOSED

Little Shanty
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Millington, New Jersey
“Overpriced, Burned and Greasy!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We made the mistake of coming here! Who wants to sit on old out dated school chairs and look at bare concrete walls? The prices are OUTRAGEOUS! $6.00 for a hot hog! I ordered a burger and onion rings. They charged me 50c extra for honey mustard dipping sauce and it doesn't say that on the menu board. The hot dog was mushy, the fries were burned to a crisp, my burger was dripping grease and the onion rings were burned and too hard to chew. As we were leaving a guy asked us how was everything. When I complained, he said "I'll have to look into this" He offered us NOTHING! I've spoken to others who've had similar experiences! STAY AWAY !

Visited October 2012
1 Thank GlenS864

Clinton, New Jersey
“My food was very good.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

First trip here. Ordered a turkey burger w/lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, avocado, cheese,pickles & sweet potato fries. The wait was not very long and my order came out perfect. It was a very good burger, fries were tasty, and had self service soda. It's a little pricey-for the made to order burger, fries, and soda, the bill was $12.04/that includes tax. It's not some place I will go to every week, as it's pricey, but I will go back again when I'm in the mood for this kind of food. The menu had hot dogs, some salads, and a fancy grilled cheese/bacon sandwich-something for everyone.

• Visited March 2013
Warren, New Jersey
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 out of 4 orders were wrong. And this is definately NOT fast food, Sweet potatoe fries were way to sweet with added sugar that they could not be eaten. 5 Guys with fries or 25 Burgers are WAYYY better.

• Visited October 2012
NJ
“A Suburban Treat”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was really happy with the meal I shared with my family at Little Shanty. I noticed it before it opened when I was driving through Warren one day and it looked pretty cool. That same day, I searched it to get more info. It sounded great and a week or two after Little Shanty opened, we went in to check it out. I had read some of the reviews that weren't so great, but the offerings sounded really good and it looked like a fun place, so we wanted to give it a shot anyway. I'm really glad we did! We were really pleased with everything we ate and the service was great too. The sliders were super yummy, (perfect portions) and the fries were fantastic. The menu has really good variety, the location is convenient, the prices are reasonable & the decor is really cool as well, it has a super fun vibe (there's a chalkboard wall!!). I also think it's pretty cool that they use local bakery bread & donate meals. I definitely think it's a spot worth checking out. I am excited to go back and try more menu items!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lisa R
Plainfield, New Jersey
“Friend Birthday”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

An older friend of mine had a birthday party at the Shanty. It was elegant and the food was great. Really want to visit that country place not to far from this restaurant.