“Overrated”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Warren, New Jersey
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

4 out of 4 orders were wrong. And this is definately NOT fast food, Sweet potatoe fries were way to sweet with added sugar that they could not be eaten. 5 Guys with fries or 25 Burgers are WAYYY better.

• Visited October 2012

NJ
“A Suburban Treat”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was really happy with the meal I shared with my family at Little Shanty. I noticed it before it opened when I was driving through Warren one day and it looked pretty cool. That same day, I searched it to get more info. It sounded great and a week or two after Little Shanty opened, we went in to check it out. I had read some of the reviews that weren't so great, but the offerings sounded really good and it looked like a fun place, so we wanted to give it a shot anyway. I'm really glad we did! We were really pleased with everything we ate and the service was great too. The sliders were super yummy, (perfect portions) and the fries were fantastic. The menu has really good variety, the location is convenient, the prices are reasonable & the decor is really cool as well, it has a super fun vibe (there's a chalkboard wall!!). I also think it's pretty cool that they use local bakery bread & donate meals. I definitely think it's a spot worth checking out. I am excited to go back and try more menu items!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lisa R
Plainfield, New Jersey
“Friend Birthday”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

An older friend of mine had a birthday party at the Shanty. It was elegant and the food was great. Really want to visit that country place not to far from this restaurant.

Warren, New Jersey
“what you would expect from fast food”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good place for families with kids. Burgers, fries, salads--kid friendly food. No atmosphere--food as expected.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shelley M
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Awesome burgers, fantastic fries -- great all around”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Little Shanty is new in town. It serves great burgers -- you can customize with lots of yummy choices, like sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, avocados, and more. There are lots of good cheese choices, too. The fries were phenomenal -- and come in regular and sweet potato varieties -- AND funnel cake fries. I'd never heard of that -- but they were great -- boardwalk type funnel cakes as fries, sprinkled with powered sugar. The milkshakes were think and flavorful. In addition to regular ketchup, you can get some really creative and delicious alternatives. I had one flavored with ginger that was amazing. If you've got vegetarians, that's fine, too, We didn't try any (too busy with the burgers, shakes and fries) but the salads and sandwiches looked great. (We did see one walk by with another customer. It looked fresh and colorful., Wished I'd had room!) My daughter said the veggie burger was fantastic -- clearly not an 'out of the box' veggie burger. AND who could argue with a fried Twinkie. The restaurant is a very pleasant place, too. Nice looking -- they've thought of a lot. Rather than handing out crayons for kids, they have cool wooden magnetic blocks for the kids to borrow while they're there. They've got a good music sound track going, too. Overall, a great experience! Go there!

• Visited October 2012