“NY style Italian in the midst of a suburban jungle”
Review of Bruno's Bistro

Bruno's Bistro
Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to go to Brunos with a friend who is a regular; we were greeted warmly, shown to our booth and engaged with a long list of specials. While the decor is simple, the food is not; I started with the buffalo mozzarella which was moist but not wet, and the tomatoes perfectly in season. For the main course my short ribs were perfectly complemented with a lemon-infused risotto while my friend devoured his grilled veal chop with vodka sauce. The side of escarole was fresh, perfectly sauteed and delicious. Based on the clientele this is a little bit of a secret but enjoyed by regulars and their guests alike!

1  Thank WinsorTraveler

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This restaurant is a personal favorite where the welcome is always warm and personal and the food is consistently and reliably very good and sometimes even great. There is always plenty on the menu to choose from and the nightly specials add to the pleasure. And if that is not enough, they will do their utmost to cook something for you that's not on the menu if it strikes your fancy. The crab cakes are easily the best around, their chicken, veal and pasta dishes are fine and it is only on rare occasions that a special turns out to be a little over ambitious. Living out of the country for a greater part of the year, what we miss most is a local restaurant such as this and it is the first stop we make when returning to Warren.

1  Thank chaiminded
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Perhaps we caught them on an off night, but our Sunday night dinner at Bruno’s Bistro was a 50-50 experience. Two of the four entrees were superb (Veal Milanese; Red Pepper Fettuccini) while two were disappointing (the halibut was overcooked and dry, and the filet mignon medium rare arrived medium). We started with an order of grilled calamari for the table; the waiter delivered Cajun calamari. Fried calamari was not on the menu, but we learned later that it was available. One of our group had been there for lunch previously and rated it well, so we may give it another try in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have dined here many, many times. It is our go-to place when we want to stay local and enjoy a great meal in a quiet, comfortable setting. Bruno and his brother are wonderful. They are always gracious and accommodating. The menu offers a nice variety of meat, pasta and seafood and always offer interesting specials I have never had a disappointing meal. The food is consistently delicious. They are open for lunch too. Don't let the strip mall location deter you. It is BYOB and a liquor store is in the same strip.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Did you ever find a place not to far from where you live that you never heard of before and it exceeded all your expectations. Well Bruno's Bistro in Warren NJ is just that place.
It's a keeper that I hope does not get too popular.
We chose a busy Saturday night and it was packed with little room in the entrance. We were seated quickly and the night rolled along so well that I find myself now writing about this find.
Start to finish this place kicks some a.., One key- Its a BYOB! But its a fancy BYOB. What I mean by that you have first class service with a first class hands on owner who works the floor to insure this great service.
Did I mention Food, well certainly the food is high quality ingredients prepared classically correct and delicious.
They have a raw bar menu and make no bones about it, the Oysters I had were as if they were plucked from the Long Island Sound that morning. They might of been. A recommendation, dont put anything on them, just let em' slide down your throat au natural.
Another great appetizer we all enjoyed was the balsamic calamari. Great flavor and not bitter, cooked to perfection and not tough.
All dinner entre's were wonderful: Veal Chop covered in mushrooms, A Chicken dish that was a house specialty and Halibut.
My wife hesitated in ordering the chicken because she wanted something a little fancier, Bruno told her to stay with it and she did not regret it at all.
Both the Veal Chop and the Halibut were as good as any fancy rug joint in Manhattan.
We were all so full that we could not even think about the desert menu but we all ordered espresso's. We brought along sambuca and it capped a perfect meal.
The prices were quite fair for the high quality preparations.
Bruno had told us that he is trying to get more space next to his current location. I am sure he will need it.
Would I go again? I have told about fourteen people about Bruno's Bistro and now I am writing a review. Tonight I am going back.

Been to Bruno's Bistro? Share your experiences!