“Good Food”

Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Warren
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have been going here since they first opened and the food has always been good. The dinner portions are large as you get soup, salad, fresh baked bread hot from the oven, rice and an entree. If you ask they will serve everything family style. We often do this so we can share several entrees.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I went here for date night and it was a great experience. For a Saturday night it was empty, but that turned out great for us. They took our order immediately and came out with the complimentary lentil soup. Next was the salad and fresh baked bread/naan. The entrees were decent, but the service was great. This is a Halal restaurant and serve Halal food.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try Silk Road after reading some positive reviews on Yelp and were very happy we did! We had dinner there on a Saturday night and had fortunately made reservations as they were jammed. From the (complimentary) lentil soup to the Falafel and Afghan salad, dumplings, specialty rices (we tried the carrot/raisin and orange peel/pistachio) and kabobs, the meal was fantastic! The food was fresh, tasty, and served quickly, and the service was very friendly. The restaurant is BYOB. I only wish we lived closer so we could go back sooner!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Not necessarily thought about visiting a restaurant for Afghan food, but Silk Road came highly recommended. The food was wonderful and service was very pleasant and accommodating. Really enjoyed the chicken and lamb kabobs and the choice of rice was very good. The included (with our kabob order) lentil soup, chopped salad, and Afghan bread were great additions to the meal. The flavors of the food were all great and makes one crave repeat visits.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My cousins, who live in neighboring Fanwood, NJ took me to Silk Road when I visited on November 10th, 2013.

The food quality was superb with each dish presenting wonderful flavors and textures. The only problem: I couldn't eat it all as the portions were very generous.

I was also impressed with the beauty and calm of the main dining room. I dine out nightly and it's always a treat to discover a restaurant in which I don't have to compete with blaring music or voices raised over it.

Silk Road's interior is designed with soft, sound-absorbing material that offers a more peaceful and welcoming environment. My cousins and I had no trouble visiting with one another during dinner; we (and everyone around us) could converse in normal volume and that was refreshing.

Well done all 'round, Silk Road! I look forward to a return visit one day.

Been to Silk Road? Share your experiences!