“Attended a Wedding Ceremony/Reception”
Review of Stone House

Stone House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stiles Road
Description: A captivating blend of rustic cabin and city chic, Stone House at Stirling Ridge is the newest venture of Landmark Hospitality. Stone House is an expansive restaurant and special events facility nestled in the hills of the Watchung Mountains that offers spectacular views of the scenic countryside. From the distressed steel, glass-enclosed two-story wine tower, and wood-burning fireplace, this artfully designed space sets an elegant yet decidedly cozy ambiance. Enjoy exquisite cuisine, professional staff, and an extensive wine list. Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently attended a Wedding Ceremony and Reception here and truly had a lovely time. The building and grounds are beautiful and are sure to have given the Bride & Groom some fabulous wedding photos!

The food was plentiful and very, very good. The cocktail hour alone was amazing with a pasta station, carving station, seafood station and cheese & vegetables as well as butlered appetizers.
Everything we tried was wonderful and very tasty.

For the wedding meal, they started with a Ceasar Salad which was on the bland side and had almost no dressing on it. Next came a Penne Pasta with Vodka sauce - this was very good, however the portion was extremely small (I counted and there were only 6 Penne on my plate and 7 on my husband's). For the entree we had a choice of either Filet Mignon or Chilean Sea Bass - the Filet was cooked to a perfect medium-rare but could have used just a tiny bit of seasoning. The Chilean Sea Bass was ok - again VERY bland with little or no flavor.

The waiters/waitresses always seemed "lost" - we were a table of 10 and our waiter was only able to take 2 drink orders at a time - and then seemed to take forever to get back to the table.

The outside seating areas with the fire pits were so nice to gather around when the music inside got a bit to loud. The ambiance was spectacular and if we lived in the area we would love to try it again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went to stonehouse for Easter brunch today. For 55 a head you would expect prime rib at minimum. Nope. There was skirt steak. Very poor buffet. Poor value. Really low quality food. I would suggest you save your money and go elsewhere

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My bride and I went here for our Anniversary on St. Patricks day. This was our second time back to the restaurant and we had a fantastic meal. She had the double cut pork chop, and i had the Veal. both were excellent. We are planning to gather some of our cousins and head there later this spring, so we could use the outdoor seating area, including the firepit.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Attended a bar mitzvah here...very good. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never been here before but had heard some things. Also, it was an "afternoon" bar mitzvah. Didn't matter -- the place was very good.

The scenery was very good, even though it was winter. Outside on the patio(s) there were fire pits, seating, etc. -- and that added to the ambiance, comfort and the overall enjoyment. Many people had gone outside for some fresh air, to smoke, etc. -- and everyone was happy.

The food was very good, from the cocktail hour to the luncheon (appetizer, soup, entrée, and dessert -- all was very good). While the host/hostess chose the menu, everything was executed well. The service was good, a few bumps here and there, but perhaps that's to be expected with a party for 200 plus people. I don't fault anyone for the bumps, it's just part of the business. Nothing major, just a minor bump here and there. The service staff was a little too quick to take plates, glasses, etc. and that was a tad inconvenient as we had to ask for "another" drink or "more water" or whatever it was.

I enjoyed it and if I was going to be in the area I'd have no problem trying it for dinner.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Based on our one and only experience, I would say the food was very average. The portions were small, which is OK if the food is exceptional for what you are paying. It wasn't. Enjoyed the complimentary toasts and eggplant spread. The bread is delivered table side and you get to select what you want from a variety of breads. My wife had salmon which was small and nothing special. I had a black rice and seafood dish which was tasty, but did not really stand out. The bread pudding for desert was very average. The service was exceptional. The atmosphere is really quite nice. The wood fireplace is rare in restaurants in these parts. Very nice touch. The lighting was a bit bright in the central area where several booths are. Valet parking was nice. We would come back for the atmosphere, but maybe only for pizza in the bar.