“Just OK for Us”
Review of Stone House

Stone House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stiles Road
Description: A captivating blend of rustic cabin and city chic, Stone House at Stirling Ridge is the newest venture of Landmark Hospitality. Stone House is an expansive restaurant and special events facility nestled in the hills of the Watchung Mountains that offers spectacular views of the scenic countryside. From the distressed steel, glass-enclosed two-story wine tower, and wood-burning fireplace, this artfully designed space sets an elegant yet decidedly cozy ambiance. Enjoy exquisite cuisine, professional staff, and an extensive wine list. Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Based on our one and only experience, I would say the food was very average. The portions were small, which is OK if the food is exceptional for what you are paying. It wasn't. Enjoyed the complimentary toasts and eggplant spread. The bread is delivered table side and you get to select what you want from a variety of breads. My wife had salmon which was small and nothing special. I had a black rice and seafood dish which was tasty, but did not really stand out. The bread pudding for desert was very average. The service was exceptional. The atmosphere is really quite nice. The wood fireplace is rare in restaurants in these parts. Very nice touch. The lighting was a bit bright in the central area where several booths are. Valet parking was nice. We would come back for the atmosphere, but maybe only for pizza in the bar.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I discovered the Stone House a little while ago and have been dying to go there. My husband and I finally got around to going there last night for Valentine’s Day. I so wanted to love it, but to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. For Valentine’s Day the regular menu was not available, but they had a special $80 per person menu that included three courses and a glass of champagne. I feel like for this price you should be getting above average service and the service at the Stone House was a pretty big let down. To start off, we arrived earlier then our reservation so we could sit a the bar and have a drink. I gave the hostess our name and told her we would be at the bar. She told me that wasn’t a problem and that someone would come get us when the table was available. 20 mins after our reservation time no one had notified us of our table and we were starting to get hungry, so my husband went to check on the table and the hostess told him the table was ready for a while. We are then brought over to our table and asked if we were celebrating a birthday. We told the hostess that we were not and she apologized and said she would have to bring us a different menu. She never brought us menus. We then attempt to order dinner and literally everything on the menu was sold out. My husband was going to get the lobster and I the cowboy steak, but they were out of both so they made up something for us. We sat there for 20 mins and no one so much as brought us bread (inexplicably they did bring butter). When the bread guy finally came, my husband was in the bathroom and since they had 4 choices of bread, I asked the person serving the bread if he could come back in just a second and he never did despite the fact he looked directly at my husband when he got back to the table seconds later. We eventually had to flag another waiter down for bread after our appetizer. We also had to flag our waitress down for a bottle of wine as she never took our drink order and when we ordered a bottle of wine they were out of that as well. Then dinner comes and my husbands substitute rib eye dinner that was supposed to be medium well came out medium rare. Then they were out of the dessert that we were going to order. We were also never offered the complimentary glass of champagne that was supposed to come with our dinner, maybe they ran out of that too. At that point I asked waitress if we could get some kind of discount because they were out of absolutely everything. To Stone House’s credit, they did take a bottle of wine off our bill.
On the bright side, I will say that Stone House is a beautiful establishment and the food they do have is very good. I do intend on giving the Stone House one more try and going there again during the summer to try out the outside seating and regular menu. I really hope Valentine’s Day was just a bad night for them, but if it is the norm that is really a shame!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

A friends' recommendation and good reviews led me to this restaurant. I attended a special occasion here and within two minutes of walking in there were three major oversights. The room that was reserved for our party of 15 was cold, not lit, and the table was set for 10 people. So, 15 guests stood and watched the staff add place settings and chairs. We needed to ask for the heat to be raised twice and remind them to light the room. Ten minutes later, a water main break forced the restaurant to shut down their water supply, therefore, the toilets and sinks we're not in functioning order. All of the toilets had been used and were unable to be flushed. A water pitcher was placed by the sinks for hand washing. Our event continued, but, unfortunately, others' reservations had to be canceled by telephone. The restaurant closed after we left and the chefs were the first to leave.

The food was very good and the portions were generous, except for the baked macaroni, which was more like a kid's meal size. The calamari were tender and the accompanying dipping sauce was tasty. The three pancakes were approximately 8 inches in diameter. The BLT was so big you're mouth is not able to open wide enough to bite into it. The burger platter is stuffed with mixed greens, fries, and a thick burger with a generous portion of bacon. The only drawback is that the mixed greens was not accompanied with a dressing. The desserts were good, especially the Blood Orange Cheesecake (small portion) and Panne Cotta. The only unpleasant dessert was the hazelnut ice cream. It was gritty and tasteless. I returned it with the assumption it was freezer-burned. I will return to this restaurant for dinner and review it again.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Went to dinner here with 2 couples. It is very pricey, but that was to be expected, but the restaurant was beautiful along with the outside view.

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We had drinks with co-workers. The place was very pretty, warm, cozy, and nicely decorated for the holidays. The fire place adds a nice touch to the ambience. Friendly service. Can't comment on the food since we didn't stay for dinner but the French fries and calamari were good. We plan to come back for brunch or dinner.