“old school rustic charm, a great view, a great vibe, and prime rib too !”
Review of Walpack Inn

Walpack Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a rustic country restaurant located in the heart of the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area. Established in 1949
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We dined at Walpack Inn the other night. Even the ride there gets you in the mood as it's in the middle o f nowhere. In this case that's a wonderful place to be. With a beautiful view of a meadow, and rolling hills and deer lazily feeding and then romping right outside the picture window, you get the feeling that you're dining in a fine country setting. The place is old school rustic/ country, charming you might say.We were there on a Friday night,and the special was prime rib. I went with the 16 oz cut, and was truly delighted with my choice. A wonderful salad bar, and delicious home baked bread get you off to a great start. Rsberry ice cream pie, and coffee capped off a fantastic dinner.
It's a place that you need to try , so get as close as you can to the middle of nowhere, and give it a whirl.

1  Thank yanks105

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I have been there on several special occassions and have never come away dissappointed. The food, which is in abundance, is spectacular, the atmosphere extraordinary, and the service is hand and foot! They're highly acclaimed homebaked bread is scrumptuous! My wife and I highly recommend this establishment to everyone! Kudos!

1  Thank Al G
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant off the beaten path. They have windows all across the back of the restaurant looking out on a field. They feed the deer so you can see them up close as you are eating your meal. The food is good. The salad bar huge and the bread was very good

1  Thank scronk73
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Rustic setting and watching deer eating in the grass is very nice. The food was absolutely horrible. Prime rib was like rubber. I even sent it back once because I didn't think it was dead yet. Steak my wife had was barely editable.

3  Thank dcallan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even though it's about a 40 mile drive we go here at least twice a year. Around 5 o'clock they lay down a strip of feed in the back to draw the deer up to near where the diners can watch them. The entire back of the place is large windows. On one visit there were wild turkeys outside too. They are known for there specialty bread which is dense and delicious and served with every meal. Their salad bar alone would be reason enough to go here. The service has always been excellent. My wife likes all the plants. She says it's almost like eating in a greenhouse. This time we had prime rib and oysters. The food is well prepared and tasty, and the portions are large. After all the times we have been here (with the bread, salad and entrees) we have yet to have room for their desserts. But they look delicious when going by to other tables. There is often a piano player in the background, and if deer watching is not your thing, there are some tables around a wood burning fireplace inside near the bar. They do not accept reservations unless you have a large number of people coming.

1  Thank TrayBN