Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter and I were staying over for one night. The woman at the front desk was very cheerful and professional. Our room was a king bed - only thing left. It was large and comfortable. There were collages of local sites as artwork and a big comfy chair and ottoman. Everything was clean and made us feel at home.

We called the front desk and asked for extra pillows and a blanket. They arrived within 15 minutes. There were no noises in the night or early morning. We slept great! The lobby had many computers to use and a nice area to just sit and relax. There was a small pool and a gym but we didn't have the opportunity to use either. The only down side to this hotel was that there was no breakfast included in the price as most Marriotts have. There was a restaurant in the lobby that looked good but we chose to eat on the road.

All in all, this was a clean, comfortable place to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks for choosing our hotel to stay while you were in the area and thanks for a wonderful review. While Courtyard by Marriott does not offer a complimentary breakfast we offer Bed & Breakfast packages which would most likely fit your needs. However our Residence Inns, Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inns and Towne Place Suites do offer a complimentary breakfast. Again thanks from all of us here at Courtyard by Marriott Wall.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here for a visit to family in the local area. Convenient to the local area. Staff was friendly. Rooms where comfortable and current. Clean room and bath. Hotel had pool and gym. We had the fortunate or unfortunate timing to stay with a couple of soccer teams. The only compliant I have is the rooms could not filter out the noise either via the hallway or the adjoining room door. Not sure any door could filter the teenagers but the room to room noise via the adjoining door was very noticeable. Just be aware. If there are roaming teens ask for a room away from them :) Or put the extra towels in the door gaps. It may help.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for a kind review, my apologies for the inconvenience. While staying at any of our hotels if other guest is making the experience unpleasant please do not hesitate to alert us and we will do our best to rectify the issue. Hope to see you soon in Wall.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a no-frills buisness hotel. The rooms are reasonablly cleaned and equipped, but there is no real character or extras.

The good points: nice sized beds and TV. Free WiFi, decent service, good business center. There is a coffee maker and complimentary coffee supplied. The gym was decent with treadmills etc.

There is a Bistro in the Lobby, but the menu isn't all that great and the prices are a bit high for what you get.

The refrigerator in the room doesn't have a freezer, so I couldn't re-freeze my cooler's ice packs. The toliet was noisy at random times at night and wasn't good at flushing. The AC/Heating unit is very loud as well. I avoided the pool as it was small and cloudy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Courtyard by Marriott brand is designed for the business traveler however we are leisure friendly. By the end of 2013 all Courtyards should be converted to having a Bistro in the lobby. We will also continue to offer only a small refrigerator however our Residence Inns offer a full refrigerator. Each Marriott product is identified by the offerings and level of service. I hope you will continue to use Courtyards and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Over the years we have stayed in this hotel many times and found it to be very clean and conveniently located for our trip.
Our room this time was exceptional having a balcony with a view of the neatly manicured courtyard. Lots of free parking.
Lobby was renovated and the breakfast area was removed and gave the entire lobby area a fresh modern feel.
We still cannot find anything to complain about

Room Tip: Tried to get the courtyard side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thanks for posting such a wonderful review, the entire staff appreciate your valuable feedback and continued support. Our goal is to have all reviews similar to yours however if for any reason during your visits we are not meeting expectation please let us know and we continue to try to make it right. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

When we walked in the desk wasn't that friendly. Would it kill you to crack a smile I mean people are coming and spending their money at your business.The place was clean I will say that. But they don't include any kind of breakfast and the pool was tiny and we had a problem with another person who was there with her child,according to her she had a headache and expected my kids to be quiet & was incredibly rude going as far as addressing my child directly. Then she would continuously walk back and forth to check if we were still in the pool. When I spoke to the front desk they didn't do anything and the manager Sharida was no help in fact she stated that she was frustrated and that they "do try to keep it quiet" well if a hotel expects kids to be quiet in the pool area they should state that while booking that its an adults only kind of place. We paid just like everyone else and my kids were not being rambunctious they were just being kids and having a good time. We were trying to enjoy a little getaway together as a family. When we checked out the woman at the desk was very nice,Malavina I believe her name was. She listened to my complaint and assured me that the general manager would contact me. I honestly didn't feel like I needed him to because I don't plan on coming back but he never called not even to express regret over losing a potential client. Needless to say that since the management failed to resolve the problem and didn't seem too worried to lose a customer and didnt care to have us leave their hotel dissatisfied,we won't ever give them our business again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your review, we appreciate all feedback so as we can improve our services. You are absolutely correct, it doesn't take a lot to offer a smile and a warm welcome and apologies are in order for that missed opportunity. While Courtyard by Marriott as a brand does not offer a complimentary breakfast we have packages available that includes breakfast, our Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, Spring Hill Suites and Towneplace Suites have such complementary offerings.
Our pool area is designed to accommodate all guests and while the behavior of one guest to another is not in our control perhaps we could have mediated in a much better way. I am thankful that you brought these concerns to our attention and while we missed on the making it right for you we can improve so as if and when you decide to give us a chance you will see that we got better.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked this Courtyard because it's near Spring Lake. I wish I had booked at a hotel in one of the shore points. But we're Marriott Platinum members and go for the points! It's 10 miles from beaches, but we were okay with that. We almost got killed last night looking for the turn-off onto Campus Drive--as there are no lights or signs. The front desk person was "totally unreceptive" and told me to wait because she had to answer the phone. (Guess she was the only person working last night.) Although most everyone else I've come in contact since then has been friendly. Got in our $189 per night room and there was a dead fly on the bathroom floor and a spider on the sheers. I asked for extra towels as we have a whirlpool tub, but got only three--hardly adequate and there's no way two people will fit in the tub unless they are thin models or have extremely short legs. Took me 5 minutes to find the hairdryer, after I flooded the bathroom floor with water (thus, need more towels). No extras here--very basic. The first Courtyard we've been to that breakfast isn't included. Tried to print directions at the business center, and the printer doesn't work with the computers. I keep asking for directions and what's near here--nothing printed out or accessible. Just disappointed...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thanks for your valuable feedback, it's disappointing that we did not meet your expectation and satisfy your needs. While we could make excuses I am just happy that you took the time to let us know what behind such an unfavorable experience. Your comments have immediately given us opportunity to change a few things; some are immediate fixes such as arrival reception, housekeeping expectation and our business center which are being addressed. The issue with directional signs will require longer planning however we will do our best to find a solution. I hope your next visit to the area you will consider giving us a chance to show the improvements.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was clean and I had no complaints until I find out after check out that there was a boil water advisory in the county where the hotel is located. I was never told during stay and there were no signs alerting of this problem. I called corporate to complain and they told me the general manager would contact me about this problem. After waiting two weeks, I never heard from the manager so I called corporate again. He called me back finally and was incredibly rude and told me that I had received water bottles and had been told during my stay about the water problem. He became incredibly rude and I told him he had lost me as Marriott customer to which he replied "That is your perogative, I do not care."

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

My apologies for the direction our conversation took in resolving your concerns, my intent was not to come across rude or defensive. Daily the staff and I do our best to meet all requirements / expectations and when we fall short we evaluate and do our best to do better. No excuse on my part to have you walk away feeling the way you have expressed in your review, and for that I am sorry. I hope in the future this experience of a poor conversation will not have you second guess other Marriott products.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Township
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!