“Not a great experience for us” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Not a great experience for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked this Courtyard because it's near Spring Lake. I wish I had booked at a hotel in one of the shore points. But we're Marriott Platinum members and go for the points! It's 10 miles from beaches, but we were okay with that. We almost got killed last night looking for the turn-off onto Campus Drive--as there are no lights or signs. The front desk person was "totally unreceptive" and told me to wait because she had to answer the phone. (Guess she was the only person working last night.) Although most everyone else I've come in contact since then has been friendly. Got in our $189 per night room and there was a dead fly on the bathroom floor and a spider on the sheers. I asked for extra towels as we have a whirlpool tub, but got only three--hardly adequate and there's no way two people will fit in the tub unless they are thin models or have extremely short legs. Took me 5 minutes to find the hairdryer, after I flooded the bathroom floor with water (thus, need more towels). No extras here--very basic. The first Courtyard we've been to that breakfast isn't included. Tried to print directions at the business center, and the printer doesn't work with the computers. I keep asking for directions and what's near here--nothing printed out or accessible. Just disappointed...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John S, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks for your valuable feedback, it's disappointing that we did not meet your expectation and satisfy your needs. While we could make excuses I am just happy that you took the time to let us know what behind such an unfavorable experience. Your comments have immediately given us opportunity to change a few things; some are immediate fixes such as arrival reception, housekeeping expectation and our business center which are being addressed. The issue with directional signs will require longer planning however we will do our best to find a solution. I hope your next visit to the area you will consider giving us a chance to show the improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was clean and I had no complaints until I find out after check out that there was a boil water advisory in the county where the hotel is located. I was never told during stay and there were no signs alerting of this problem. I called corporate to complain and they told me the general manager would contact me about this problem. After waiting two weeks, I never heard from the manager so I called corporate again. He called me back finally and was incredibly rude and told me that I had received water bottles and had been told during my stay about the water problem. He became incredibly rude and I told him he had lost me as Marriott customer to which he replied "That is your perogative, I do not care."

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
My apologies for the direction our conversation took in resolving your concerns, my intent was not to come across rude or defensive. Daily the staff and I do our best to meet all requirements / expectations and when we fall short we evaluate and do our best to do better. No excuse on my part to have you walk away feeling the way you have expressed in your review, and for that I am sorry. I hope in the future this experience of a poor conversation will not have you second guess other Marriott products.
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Early July 2012 was my sixth stay at this hotel, and it proved to be restful and enjoyable. We rented two rooms on this visit and found them clean, cool, and comfortable. The staff was gracious, as usual. I really enjoy having a Wa-Wa convenience store across the back parking lot. It's a great place to purchase coffee, breakfast items, and lunch items for the beach. Add a little ice to the cooler, and we were off for a day of fun in the sun. Central Jersey beaches are only 12-15 minutes from the hotel, including Bradley, Belmar, Spring Lake Heights, and Sea Girt (my favorite).

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BS9988
John S, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for continuing to stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the kind comments, feedback is always helpful and we look forward to having you back for a 7th, 8th, 9th..................(smiles).
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed for two nights over the 4th while visiting the Jersey shore. This Courtyard has all of the latest Courtyard features--lobby, cafe, bar, theater, computer center. We found everyone friendly & helpful and our room was very clean & well-maintained. The only item we needed was an in-room safe to store a laptop. We did keep bikes on our vehicle outside overnight without incident. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for a wonderful review. I will pass on your request for in room safes to our owners however in the future we provide safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk, I realize it not as convenient as having one in your room. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to seeing you soon.
Suffolk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best part of this hotel was the reception staff. I stayed here for several days in May. The room was actually not bad. However, most of my issues were with the cleaning staff. The room hadn't been cleaned that well following the previous guest. I found that one of the side tables was sticky from some sort of spill. It was clearly visible as well, so not just a matter of not being seen. Also, I had a small bag of trash that would not fit in the can, which I placed by the can. Each day that I allowed the room to be cleaned, the bag of trash remained. I'd also accidentally knocked over some of the courtesy bottles of shampoo, etc. in the the bathroom. The next day when I returned to the room, new bottles had been placed on the tray, but the ones I'd knocked over were still there right behind the tray.

Lastly, there were serious issues with the internet not working well if at all in the majority of the lobby area. I was staying there with another co-worker. They also had issues with the internet not working in their room and mid-way through the stay also saw stink bugs in his room.

I'll not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SuffolkCpl
Thanks for taking the time to alert us of the issues while visiting us. There are no excuses for us offering sub par housekeeping services, your review was helpful in re-visiting the way we clean and inspect our guest rooms. "Evidence of prior guest" is unacceptable.
As I had mentioned to your colleague we were in the process of upgrading our wireless internet services and I am proud to announce it's up and running and the upgrade was a huge success. We have gotten great reviews about how fast and efficient it is. I hope in the near future you will stay with us and see the improvements in all the areas we lacked exceptional service.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Great value, great hotel, great location.
Have stayed many times through the years and have never been disappointed!
Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lutolf
John S, General Manager at Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to give us such a favorable review, without feedback good or bad we are unable to grow and improve on the level of services we provide. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back.
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I spent 4 days at this Hotel on business and my stay was ok, but, not great. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately, I ordered a Pizza from the cafe and it tasted like it was a frozen pizza. Not very nice. In addition, I purchased the "breakfast rate" and was surprised that the "breakfast" included orange juice OR coffee, not both! Wow. Buffets are much better and I think Marriott should realize this. The service at breakfast was also very slow and the restaurant opened late (by at least 15 minutes) on 2 of the 3 days I ate there. The Hotel is nice, but, there is nothing close by and within walking distance. It is a great place if you want peace and quet, otherwise, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not very useful for people who like to walk a lot as there is virtually nothing within walking dista...