“Friendly Staff, Less than stellar stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wall Township
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best part of this hotel was the reception staff. I stayed here for several days in May. The room was actually not bad. However, most of my issues were with the cleaning staff. The room hadn't been cleaned that well following the previous guest. I found that one of the side tables was sticky from some sort of spill. It was clearly visible as well, so not just a matter of not being seen. Also, I had a small bag of trash that would not fit in the can, which I placed by the can. Each day that I allowed the room to be cleaned, the bag of trash remained. I'd also accidentally knocked over some of the courtesy bottles of shampoo, etc. in the the bathroom. The next day when I returned to the room, new bottles had been placed on the tray, but the ones I'd knocked over were still there right behind the tray.

Lastly, there were serious issues with the internet not working well if at all in the majority of the lobby area. I was staying there with another co-worker. They also had issues with the internet not working in their room and mid-way through the stay also saw stink bugs in his room.

I'll not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SuffolkCpl
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to alert us of the issues while visiting us. There are no excuses for us offering sub par housekeeping services, your review was helpful in re-visiting the way we clean and inspect our guest rooms. "Evidence of prior guest" is unacceptable.
As I had mentioned to your colleague we were in the process of upgrading our wireless internet services and I am proud to announce it's up and running and the upgrade was a huge success. We have gotten great reviews about how fast and efficient it is. I hope in the near future you will stay with us and see the improvements in all the areas we lacked exceptional service.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Great value, great hotel, great location.
Have stayed many times through the years and have never been disappointed!
Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Lutolf
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking time out to give us such a favorable review, without feedback good or bad we are unable to grow and improve on the level of services we provide. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I spent 4 days at this Hotel on business and my stay was ok, but, not great. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately, I ordered a Pizza from the cafe and it tasted like it was a frozen pizza. Not very nice. In addition, I purchased the "breakfast rate" and was surprised that the "breakfast" included orange juice OR coffee, not both! Wow. Buffets are much better and I think Marriott should realize this. The service at breakfast was also very slow and the restaurant opened late (by at least 15 minutes) on 2 of the 3 days I ate there. The Hotel is nice, but, there is nothing close by and within walking distance. It is a great place if you want peace and quet, otherwise, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not very useful for people who like to walk a lot as there is virtually nothing within walking dista...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Walter W
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Thanks for taking time out to give us your valuable feedback. We promise to work deligently to improve on our new restaurant concept "The Bistro". We appreciate the fact you were specific about your likes and dislike so as we are able to work on them as a team. Our apologies if we were a little tardy on the daily opening and our "Stay for Breakfast" offering is a uniformed program througout all Courtyards and I am more that happy to bring your comments to our "Courtyard Refreshing Bussiness Team" that created the program perhaps for a revision. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was close to the office that I was working out of. I did get an e-mail from the property stating that they were going under renovations and I thought that was cool. When I did arrive, the front desk arrival experience was ok. The trouble began afterwards, as there was a number of issues with the internet. I called to report the issue and the response was that it happens when too many people are on it. At 1am?!?!?!?! WOW! I just thought in other issues that occurred with this property (issue with bathroom) the lack of attention towards resolving an issue. Although this property is near my work facility, its extremely unlikely that I would return to this property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank telecombusinesstrvlr
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks for taking time out to review our property, your feedback is very valuable and we appreciate it. Prior to receiving your comments we have purchased a very High Tec upgrade to our wireless high speed internet system and awaiting the installation. As a group we now realize that these wireless receivers are not long-lasting and needs periodically to be replaced. We certainly hope that you will try us in the future and hopefully you will see that we do take all comments seriously and try to rectify any shortcomings a quickly as we can. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

They are renovating the lobby so the restaurant was closed, and were careful to mention this when I made the reservation. That said, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous, placed us in a room where we heard no noise and offered a nice complimentary breakfast (not usually offered here). One note of caution is the "indoor pool." We traveled with a child and picked this hotel because of the indoor pool. Alas, it is really just a plunge pool and does not offer any kind of swim or play options - just too too small. Wish we had known that. The photos make it look a lot larger.
There are no restaurants immediately nearby, but there are several fast food places and malls within a few minutes' drive. We were glad that the hotel offered a free breakfast (cold items, not hot). So be prepared to drive to get food.
That said, the room was very pleasant, clean and the beds extremely comfortable!
I am told by locals that the nondescript building across the street is actually an ice skating rink! That would have been fun but we just didn't have time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
John S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about our hotel. We truely appreciate your generous comments. We will be sharing your feedback with our entire ownership group. We are glad you got to experience and enjoy our breakfast and our apologies for disappointing pool experience during your stay. Thank you again for staying with and now that our public space renovations is completed we hope you come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am a business traveler that spends at least part of every week in a hotel room. This hotel did not meet expectations for the following reasons.
#1. Not a single luxury. Not a complimentary bottle of water. In room coffee machine was basic, bathroom had soap, shampoo, and conditioner, but no lotion or any other little luxury.
#2. Room was freezing and after numerous attempts to work the thermostat I had to call down to front desk.. NO ANSWER. I called 3 times around 10PM and no answer at all. I finally gave up and searched the hotel room for extra blankets and found one in the bottom dresser drawer. Unfortunately it smelled musty and old, but I had no other option, so i used it. Phone was answered the following night and I was able to get the heater to work.
#3. Room was not very clean and there was fecal material on the chair that is in front of the desk. I did not report this because it is just a weird topic to talk to with strangers and the lack of answering the phone the night before left me feeling a bit bitter.
#4. Elevator had same paper clip on the floor the entire time I was there leading me to believe that it was not being vacumed. Lack of attention to public places = lack of attention to rooms as well. Cleaning staff was deficient.
#5. restaurant was closed for renovations. Unfortunately this isn't mentioned until after the reservation is made.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LNMART

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Our public space renovations is completed and we would love the opportunity to show that we take all feedback as a valuable tool to improve our performances. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights for a weekend get-a-way. The rooms were good and very clean, the pool was extremely small and the breakfast was coffee and pastries. But for the most part it was a good stay for a quick stay. The problem came the last day. The hotel lobby and bar was being rennovated for the weekend and a worker warmed up something in the kitchen and caused the fire alarm in all the rooms to go off early Sunday morning. The loud noise continued for about 20 to 30 minutes. I was forced to gather my things and find a staircase to exit the building. Upon checkout I was told no accommodations were being made for the inconvience due to the fault of a worker. I am very disappointed in Marriotts customer service and will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. It helps us to make sure your future stays are enjoyable as well. We will share your feedback with our entire team. My apologies for an unfavorable end to your stay. Please feel free to contact me for further discussion and hopefully we can reach a more pleasing conclusion. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall Township
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Residence Inn by Marriott Neptune at Gateway Centre
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park? Share your experiences!