“Very good food for very good value!”

Antonio's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
“Very good food for very good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Ate at Antonio's recently with my husband and friends. It was my fifth visit. Everyone agreed that the food and service were great. Meatballs were outstanding, and I am very particular about meatballs. A little less vinegar on my salad and a little less garlic in the marinara sauce would have garnered an "Excellent" from me.

Service was very good; server was young but very polite, efficient, and friendly.

I almost rated the atmosphere average due to the overpowering smell of Clorox upon entering the restaurant. However, I decided that it was good to know they keep it clean so I did not hold that against them. Once I got a whiff of the Malbec we brought with us all was forgiven. I will go back. Maybe they will switch their cleaning product to something with a more pleasing scent.

Eat at Antonio's!

Brick, New Jersey
“Top notch food by people who care”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

It should be clearly understood that New Jersey is full of some pretty good Italian restaurants, in fact, Antonia's competes with a couple of the best within a mile or two (Lubranos). What puts Antonio's in the same high calibre is the ingredients. I can not imagine anyone having better mozzarella on their pizza than this place. It matches some of the best in Italy not just NJ. That said, get a pizza, bring your own beer and wine and enjoy! Oh, not in the mood for pizza, enjoy your typical Italian treats and/or pastas as they may be the most reasonably priced really good Italian food around. The service is good as the wait staff always makes you feel that they are happy you choose their restaurant. AND it is a BYO! Go, eat, enjoy! By the way, they sell the mozzarella, oh boy, with some Jersey tomatoes and basil, heaven at the shore.

• Visited September 2012
Jersey Shore
“Best Brooklyn pizza in Central NJ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We frequent Antonio's for great salads, great Brooklyn pizza, occasionally (depending on who we're with) for a really enjoyable gluten-free pizza, and several of the dinners especially the salmon and chicken choices. From the hot bread to the desserts, this is a terrific neighborhood Italian restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MbKJerseyShore
new jersey
“Always great food at Antonio's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We always go to Antonio's for their great pizza, sandwiches, and pasta. The food is great but I do feel that the pricing is a bit high. I like that you can just get pizza or go for something more hearty. I also enjoy coming here because they are pretty good with letting me know what will work and what not to go for (shellfish allergy). It puts me at ease when I know they are aware of cross contaminating and not just saying it's fine and creating a risk. I simply stay away from the fried items. Great for couples and kids if they are going for pizza---otherwise a bit high with the kiddies.

Visited July 2012
NewJersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

We dined with friends and were very disappointed in the meals. I ordered a chicken dish which was either overcooked or microwaved as the edges were crispy and the middle of the chicken breast was tough. Our friend's meal was very salty and my husband's meal was just ok. The bread was not what you would expect for an Italian restaurant and the salad not exceptional. Reading the menu was very difficult as the lighting was poor, in fact, the diner at the table across from us brought a flashlight in order to read the menu and I was tempted to ask to borrow it. Perhaps, instead of a battery operated tea light, they could place brighter real candles on the table or better lighting above the table. Overall it wasn't the wonderful experience we were expecting and we were quite embarrassed we chose Antonio's to invite our friends. The only thing wonderful about the evening was the friends who were with us and the wine we shared.

• Visited December 2011