“TOO EXPENSIVE ”

Mamoun’s Falafel
Order Online
Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Wall Township
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the street, the restaurant looks closed but they are open! We are a family of 4 who like to try new things, so figured we'd stop for lunch. VERY EXPENSIVE! ($51 for what you see in the picture) If you order a sandwich($6.50-10), it is an additional $5.25 for a drink and fries. My pita sandwich fell apart and the falafel was burnt. My husband ordered Shish Kebob platter $12.50, drink separately $2.50. He said it was ok, but not worth the cost. In addition to reducing the cost, I would also suggest a kids menu for families. We ended up ordering the combo platter ($9.99) with chicken (another $4.50) for our 2 kids. They ate very little of it. It wasn't very kid friendly. We honestly do not think we'd visit again due to price and value.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Mamoun's is legendary, and the original no-nonsense introducer of falafel to America has now franchised. Normally, that might spell the death of what made it great, but I am happy to say that the price and quality are still a hit. 10 minutes from one of the most popular beaches on the Jersey shore (Belmar), we are thrilled to have their delicious menu at my constant disposal. This one is a heckuva lot cleaner than the originals, too!

Date of visit: August 2019