“Good Value For The Money Is Still The Rule At Andrea's”
Review of Andrea's

Andrea's
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Waldwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This restaurant has been a successful BYOB Italian eatery in Waldwick for many years. Their recent move to a more spacious location up the street now includes a liquor license. However, the owners of Andrea's still allow its patrons to bring their own wine if they chose to. Smart move!

It had been quite some time since I had been there but recently went for dinner a couple of times with a few friends. Prices are fair considering that this place has always been known for giving decent portions of good, traditional Italian food and that's still the case. I would definitely recommend their Calamari Affogato as an appetizer; squid sauteed with capers, black olives, tomato and arugola. And of course, just about anybody who has ever dined here knows that their Napoleon for dessert (easily enough for two people to share) is the best around. What I was happy about is that the service staff seems to be more welcoming to non-regulars than it had been at the old location. That's a good thing since they now have a lot more tables to fill.

1  Thank Bulls76

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife, I and another couple had dinner at this restaurant on a Saturday evening. Apparently because of its popularity, especially on a weekend, they seated us upstairs, which was fine. We came early but by the time we left the restaurant was packed - a good sign. The atmosphere is neutral. The food, however, is excellent. The prices were on the high side, considering the modest setting.

My brother-in-law and I both ordered the seafood Fra Diavolo with pasta and lobster (not on the menu). It was a large plate laden with seafood and pasta. It had just the right amount of spice and was delicious. For desert, we shared a tasty Tiramisu. All in all, a pleasant evening with great food.

1  Thank Ishpudejko
Reviewed February 1, 2014

On a recent trip to Andrea,s I was so disappointed with the food ?i ordered one of the specials Brocciole with gnocchi . The gnocchi was literally drowned in tasteless red sauce to the point that I couldn't, even see the gnocchi..which by the way was bland and gooey . I mentioned to the waiter who said he would tell the chef..heard nothing after that. They need to know that " more isn't always better" the sauce shouldn't,t mask the taste of the food. Andrea,s is not on my top 10 list for a return visit.

2  Thank Tommyr478
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Food and service were excellent. New location is much nicer and more spacious than the previous location. Highly recommend for a special occasion.

1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Andreas the other nite with my husband. First time there since they had moved couple doors down on the same street. Much bigger establishment. Bit noiser. Offer past and salad with entree. In the past you had to make a selection.Liked the ambiance and the fact that it is bigger. Has a bar now, but you can still bring your own bottle. Will be going back again

1  Thank Beverly M